knife crime in England

hk blues
Posted
Posted
14 minutes ago, bastonjock said:

There's was also a piece on how some Romanians left London because it was to violent 

Glasgow had a similar problem with stabbings the solution was to tear down a lot of the inner city housing schemes and relocate people to new towns

I grew up with the gangs and their turf wars

I grew up in a deprived housing scheme in a deprived Scottish city in the 1970s and never saw anyone with a knife outside of the kitchen!  I doubt i'd be able to say that now.  

• Like 2

stevewool
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, hk blues said:

I grew up in a deprived housing scheme in a deprived Scottish city in the 1970s and never saw anyone with a knife outside of the kitchen!  I doubt i'd be able to say that now.  

I think a lot of us was dragged up in deprived areas, but like you say we did not go out with knives, it was a good old boxing match then it was best of mates forever, how times change from wanting to kill each other literally.

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, bastonjock said:

There's was also a piece on how some Romanians left London because it was to violent 

Glasgow had a similar problem with stabbings the solution was to tear down a lot of the inner city housing schemes and relocate people to new towns

I grew up with the gangs and their turf wars

Yes and the violence  spread to new areas like Rothsey and Campbelltown. 

• Like 1

LUFCinMakati
Posted
Posted

It's mainly young people and a lot to do with the gang culture imported from the US.

Amplified by a broken legal system, which raps the police up in bureaucracy and not enough police either. 

God forbid what it would be like if we followed Trumpy's model on gun laws.

• Like 1

marine6357
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, LUFCinMakati said:

It's mainly young people and a lot to do with the gang culture imported from the US.

Amplified by a broken legal system, which raps the police up in bureaucracy and not enough police either. 

God forbid what it would be like if we followed Trumpy's model on gun laws.

Why do you have to make it a political issue instead of what it is a crime issue?

• Love it 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
9 minutes ago, marine6357 said:

Why do you have to make it a political issue instead of what it is a crime issue?

Yes lets keep politics off the forum and follow the rules. I had to close a topic the other day after issues with this. :thumbsup:

• Like 2

LUFCinMakati
Posted
Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, marine6357 said:

I think your being over sensitive, the post wansnt meant to be political, merly factual. 

Along with another mass shooting in the US. 

Edited by LUFCinMakati

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

The United Kingdom has very strict gun laws.  Weapon of choice is a knife.  The situation is very similar in Japan although knifing incidents are kept out of newspapers.  A friend who is an emergency room nurse in a Tokyo hospital told us they have 5 to 6 stabbing cases every Friday and Saturday.  In the United States, easy access and ready availability means the weapon of choice is a gun or rifle.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, JJReyes said:

Tokyo hospital told us they have 5 to 6 stabbing cases every Friday and Saturday

Are these the only dedicated stabbing days or at certain times of the year they have special stabbing days?  :crack-up:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Clermont
Posted
Posted

This is what you get when you take guns of the people, :whatever:.

• I'm Confused 1