knife crime in England

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

My Canadian ex father-in-law killed a guy in a bar brawl using just his fists.  Should people have their fists taken off them?  (BTW he spend a year in jail for manslaughter even though it was a mutual decision for the boys to go at each other).

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Are these the only dedicated stabbing days or at certain times of the year they have special stabbing days?  :crack-up:

They work during the week.  Sunday is a day of rest.  Most of the stabbings between rival groups occur on Friday and Saturday.  The Yakuza use the short samurai swords for their fights.  It's usually fatal.

• Like 2

fillipino_wannabe
Posted
Posted

A quick search showed about 270 murders per year in the UK with knives compared to 15,000 murders per year with guns in the US. Doesn't look that bad.

bastonjock
Posted
Posted
On 11/9/2018 at 2:36 AM, JJReyes said:

The United Kingdom has very strict gun laws.  Weapon of choice is a knife.  The situation is very similar in Japan although knifing incidents are kept out of newspapers.  A friend who is an emergency room nurse in a Tokyo hospital told us they have 5 to 6 stabbing cases every Friday and Saturday.  In the United States, easy access and ready availability means the weapon of choice is a gun or rifle.

Before the dunblane and hungerford shootings,it was not that difficult to obtain a firearms liscense in the UK , I had 4 legally held guns ,after hungerford they tightened the rules up ,it was not until after dunblane when the local nut walked into school and shot a load of kids 

After that it got very difficult to get a liscense, all pistols were restricted to single shot and so were rifles ,you had to have written permission from a land owner with lots of land to go hunting deer etc ,even shotguns became more difficult and very strict laws were implemented,the local fire arms police officer would drop in unannounced to check that guns and ammo were kept in two separate locked steel cabinets

At the time of holding my own guns I had argued that we needed tighter controls,you could buy any semi automatic rifle or pistol , I said back then it was only time before some nut went loco 

Most of the illegal firearms in this country used to come from US air bases ,guns sold on the black market ,these days they come over from Eastern europe

• Like 2

• 5 months later...
Kuya John
Posted
Posted

Last night in the UK, in a district of London, was Fatal Stabbing number 29, so far this year!

To some people a persons life is meaningless, carrying a weapon without a licence should carry an  automatic 5 year sentence.

• Like 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Kuya John said:

Last night in the UK, in a district of London, was Fatal Stabbing number 29, so far this year!

To some people a persons life is meaningless, carrying a weapon without a licence should carry an  automatic 5 year sentence.

It’s a crazy place we live in at this moment, I have no idea what the answer is, could it be drugs, turf wars who knows but in some cases it’s a case if you are in these gangs or drugs then you could be a marked man or woman.

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Kuya John said:

I was under the impression that there was a minimum term. The problem is the cutbacks to police numbers and quite frankly hardly any are being caught. If you listen to the government they are solving many crimes, yes they catch a lot of people speeding, don`t they, but the rest of the serious crimes go by the way.

• Like 3

Clermont
Posted
Posted

And people ask are the PI's safe. :whatever: Six to one where a bloke lives nowadays. :smile:

• Like 2

hk blues
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, Kuya John said:

If you look at a map of the Knife Crime rates in England/Wales (Scotland/N Ireland not shown) it's clear that it's a problem in pockets of areas rather than across the whole country.  A deeper dig might throw up why this is so

• Like 1

Kuya John
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, hk blues said:

If you look at a map of the Knife Crime rates in England/Wales (Scotland/N Ireland not shown) it's clear that it's a problem in pockets of areas rather than across the whole country.  A deeper dig might throw up why this is so

Yes I would agree there are pockets where this type of crime is prevalent, due to gang culture, drug related arguments tend to be resolved with a gun. this is our country today!

• Like 1