Anyone on Globe Anti-Bill Shock plan?

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted

Haven't heard about this for a while and since I am out of contract with my Globe LTE 10mbps 50GB/mo plan I am faced with either getting the new Globe LTE 10mbps 150GB/mo plan or switching to a postpaid p499 (or whatever) plan with whatever is available download speed and paying for any extra data - capped at the anti-bill shock max. What is the max you pay on anti-bill shock nowadays, what is the base plan you use? 

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

Isn`t there a Globe 10mb download, unlimited data available?

Huggybearman
Posted
Posted

I am on a Globe 10mbps plan with a 100gb monthly download limit. It costs 1299php/month. Once you get to 100gb it just throttles the download speed but there is no additional cost.

Ken

hk blues
Posted
Posted
12 minutes ago, Huggybearman said:

I am on a Globe 10mbps plan with a 100gb monthly download limit. It costs 1299php/month. Once you get to 100gb it just throttles the download speed but there is no additional cost.

Ken

I'm on the same plan - Once I hit the 100GB limit I just call up and get a Volume Boost which is 99php for another 50GB.  If I don't, I then drop down to around 0.3mbps until the new cycle begins.

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
13 minutes ago, sonjack2847 said:

Isn`t there a Globe 10mb download, unlimited data available?

Wired but not wireless (LTE with the antenna). I did a speed test on a supersurf plan today and had 35mbs download speed is why I am asking the question. Probably end up between 5mbs and 45mbs down and if anti-billshock is still valid max bill is p1,500 no matter how much over my plan limit I go. (charged p2 extra per MB over the plan but overall bill cap of p1,500)

GeoffH
Posted
Posted

We’ve got the Globe 10mb 100gb plan as well as a Parasat unlimited 10Mbps cable plan (I think they resell PLDT).  The Globe is more consistent in speed but we keep running out of quota with it.

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
15 minutes ago, Huggybearman said:

Ken

Just now, hk blues said:

I'm on the same plan - Once I hit the 100GB limit I just call up and get a Volume Boost which is 99php for another 50GB.  If I don't, I then drop down to around 0.3mbps until the new cycle begins.

Yup me too but I am LTE (wireless) not DSL so the limits are lower.

Volume boost for LTE is 

20 GB for   p99  
          60 GB for p299
        100 GB for p499
        150 GB for p599
        200 GB for p799
        300 GB for p999 

hk blues
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, GeoffH said:

We’ve got the Globe 10mb 100gb plan as well as a Parasat unlimited 10Mbps cable plan (I think they resell PLDT).  The Globe is more consistent in speed but we keep running out of quota with it.

Despite my speed being 10mbps I am getting 12-13mbps consistently - wired but not with antenna

GeoffH
Posted
Posted

With Globe we get 8 to 10 Mbps, with Parasat it varies a lot more, roughly between  3 to 10Mbps.

hk blues
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, AlwaysRt said:

Yup me too but I am LTE (wireless) not DSL so the limits are lower.

Volume boost for LTE is 

20 GB for   p99  
          60 GB for p299
        100 GB for p499
        150 GB for p599
        200 GB for p799
        300 GB for p999 

I'm kinda dumb - DSL v LTE? Is DSL wired into the "box" via a modem and LTE purely wireless? :89: