Getting Kicked Out

davewe
Posted
Posted

Hesitant to post this but I really want the info. Friends from the US were scheduled to meet us this week. The wife and child came a week early with my buddy still at work following a week later, after which we were to all meet. It all blew up and it took a couple days to get any of the story.

Apparently when he arrived he was flagged by Immigration. Now mind you, he has been to PI before (including last year), has a Filipina wife and child. They took him into the back room and apparently the questions were about pedophilia and human trafficking issues. Sounds like no one told him any specifics about why he was flagged. In the end Immigration arranged to send him back home.

I have heard such stories before but always assumed that either there was a hidden reason or someone who had reported the foreigner. This guys is a squeaky clean, blue collar type. I don't even think he had a Filipina GF before he got married. I think they've been married 7-8 years.

I know when he got home he contacted the embassy or consulate to try to get answers. 

Opinions on what happened and what can be done? 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, davewe said:

This guys is a squeaky clean, blue collar type.

Could be but they all are until the get caught. Anyway what has to be found out is the exact reason for denied entry. Could be he knows but not disclosing it? Then most likely since he was sent home he is blacklisted. The embassy can tell him his status or apply here, http://immigration.gov.ph/index.php/services/certification/bi-clearance-certification?fbclid=IwAR377IsrvTnqDeO-eubFOvt335o4e3c4Rc-V3upAjVf_R5p3qyIgj_9MIR0

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, davewe said:

I think they've been married 7-8 years.

:89: Dave, maybe it was because they Arrived a week apart, Perhaps in their view he had come to grab his child and abscond, We all know that BI can be difficult and one never knows why they do things But..... just my thoughts on this. A lot of it may depend on what he said at the Point of Entry or did the wife say anything when she arrives that sparked a Flag? For me the Wife should seek out information from Immigration. Peter Bueno in the Dumaguete Office may be able help if he can

Jack:huh:

• Like 4

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
39 minutes ago, davewe said:

Opinions on what happened and what can be done? 

Sorry to hear of his misfortune.  We all hear these stories and figure it happens to "someone else" and there must be a "good reason" but I personally know so many good people who got sent back without a valid reason that I have come to the conclusion that:  This is the Philippines, they don't need what we might consider a valid reason and there is seldom anything that can be done.  I only hope he does not own anything of value in the Philippines. 

• Thanks 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
11 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

This is the Philippines, they don't need what we might consider a valid reason and there is seldom anything that can be done. 

Why would they go to the trouble of singling out one individual? With information sharing something must of showed up on their computer to take the guy aside. What would immigration have to gain by sending someone home for no reason?

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Why would they go to the trouble of singling out one individual?

I don't know but you could ask Roy.  If you do not know anyone it has happened to yet, just wait a while.

graham59
Posted
Posted

I wonder how the husband and wife were getting along.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, graham59 said:

I wonder how the husband and wife were getting along.  

If the gent was koming to VISIT his family, I would say that the wife tipped off the authorities so she could keep getting support and living with her BF. But that is not how the OP described the situation 

Edited by scott h
  • Sad 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted

Usually there is no smoke without fire, but we sometimes don't know who is stoking the fire

• Like 1

graham59
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, scott h said:

If the gent was koming to VISIT his family, I would say that the wife tipped off the authorities so she could keep getting support and living with her BF. But that is not how the OP described the situation 

I think I will just keep it at the 'wondering' stage .:thumbsup:

• Like 2