Getting Kicked Out

fillipino_wannabe
Posted
Posted (edited)

Had it happen to me, searched around a lot and saw it happens to quite a few people, some with a valid reason, others not. He's lucky he's not stuck in their detention facility.
Have to find out if he's on the blacklist, probably is. Lawyer will cost atleast 100k pesos to try and get it removed, probably about a 20% chance you pick a decent lawyer who doesn't just string you along. There's so much paperwork with about 5 different departments involved that it takes ages, took me a week to get everything finished after being told I'd already been removed from the BL.
Then there's probably a fine aswell, I had to pay 30k pesos for a 'waiver fee' and 5k pesos express fee which didn't appear to be optional even though it was from the commissioners office lol.
Even had to pay an extra months overstay fee because they messed up the form and made me wait another 2 days which put me over 1 months overstay lol.

Edited by fillipino_wannabe
  • Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

I don't know but you could ask Roy.  If you do not know anyone it has happened to yet, just wait a while.

I dont know any Roy's. My guess is that people with the same name as someone else that appears in a Interpol list or something could have issues.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

Dave, maybe it was because they Arrived a week apart,

Would immigration have the information in front of them of who passed through a week earlier? I mean a lot people pass through and the name Singh for example must appear many times so why would they check unless they had information on a certain passenger.

davewe
Posted
Posted

Ok to clarify. They are married and live in the US. She came a week ahead of him. 

But there are now rumors that the reason is known. Just a guess - he has a teen daughter and an ex-wife  and there were tensions - but that’s just a guess. I do tend to fall on the side of if you’re flagged it’s probably not random. 

• Hmm thinking 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, davewe said:

Ok to clarify. They are married and live in the US. She came a week ahead of him. 

- he has a teen daughter and an ex-wife  and there were tensions - ....

...I think we may have the explanation

• Like 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Its very hard to comment on things like this, all i can say is its a good job he is back in the USA plus where and what  is his wife saying in all this.

• Like 2

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, davewe said:

Just a guess - he has a teen daughter and an ex-wife  and there were tensions

I know of 2 people who have had problems because of a similar situation.

• Like 2

Mick
Posted
Posted

I know I'm thick, but I can't imagine how an exwife can get you blocked in another country, if she filed some trumped up charge like kiddie fiddling, I'm sure he would not be allowed to leave the country, 

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

unless they had information on a certain passenger.

Well that is what I was getting at But.... seems the OP has posted something may lead to something :wink:

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
8 minutes ago, Mick said:

I know I'm thick, but I can't imagine how an exwife can get you blocked in another country,

:whistling: Mick remember where we are 

• Like 1