Getting Kicked Out

hk blues
Posted
Posted
34 minutes ago, Mick said:

I know I'm thick, but I can't imagine how an exwife can get you blocked in another country, if she filed some trumped up charge like kiddie fiddling, I'm sure he would not be allowed to leave the country, 

As Jack alluded  above, in the Philippines a word in the ear of the right person by the right person can carry a lot of weight.  The fact that he wasn't held here suggests there may have been no real suspicion of anything other than pissing off an ex-wife.

• Like 3

Mick
Posted
Posted

I know and a see the arguments, but something like this. I'm sure he would not be allowed to fly from the USA, can't see how a pissed off ex can muddy waters all the way from the US of A, unless his ex is from Philippines 

• Like 2
  • Hmm thinking 1

Clermont
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, Mick said:

I know I'm thick, but I can't imagine how an exwife can get you blocked in another country, if she filed some trumped up charge like kiddie fiddling, I'm sure he would not be allowed to leave the country, 

Mick as far as being stopped from leaving the country, you are right, but it has to be a conviction. If it is an accusation there is no legal requirement for the immigration in the USA to stop him from leaving. Now saying that, they also pass on his pending charges, whether known to him or not at time of boarding, and let the BI know they have a questionable person trying to enter their country. Let say, as been suggested, the wife has chucked a spanner in the works, he is in for a rough time trying to get back into the PI's. It won't be the wife filling charges, it will be the daughter and after a lengthy investigation, they may or may not file charges, but the bottom line is he has no recourse on a minor and he will still be blacklisted in the PI's even if the charges are dropped.

My advice to anyone, don't tell anyone if you have a pi==ed off wife you are leaving the country, just hop on the plane and let your mates know by email that you like the place where you went to visit and your staying, sorry for not saying goodbye. :thumbsup:

• Like 2

RBM
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, hk blues said:

As Jack alluded  above, in the Philippines a word in the ear of the right person by the right person can carry a lot of weight.  The fact that he wasn't held here suggests there may have been no real suspicion of anything other than pissing off an ex-wife.

Actually this was once with discussed with an immigration officer in Bacolod whom stated to my friend its no longer possible for a person to make such claims to cause problems. They must go to Manila and through some special process which he said was complicated and expensive. 

For a   pedophilia type crime this may of course be different.  

• Hmm thinking 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, RBM said:

Actually this was once with discussed with an immigration officer in Bacolod whom stated to my friend its no longer possible for a person to make such claims to cause problems.

Another one who does not know Roy.  Here's his Facebook. https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100014359860241  Add him and ask him.  It is possible.  It is done. And he was lucky enough to only spend 3 months in the deportation detention center before they let him leave the country.  No charges laid.  Anything he owned here was confiscated.  He is back in his home country and he ain't never coming back to the Philippines.  Quite a few people get in that predicament when someone dislikes them enough to "drop a dime" on them.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

:89: Hey Guys, I think some are looking at this the wrong way, we are not talking about a guy getting kicked out are we? We really are talking about a guy that never made it in and to me, these are 2 (two) very different things :smile:

• Like 4

graham59
Posted
Posted

This is true.

Do not pass Go.

Do not collect your bag from the carousel. :unsure:

• Haha 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

He is back in his home country and he ain't never coming back to the Philippines.  Quite a few people get in that predicament when someone dislikes them enough to "drop a dime" on them.

Yes but this is to do with someone entering the country. The computer system must of flagged something and it wont be hearsay. 

2 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

:89: Hey Guys, I think some are looking at this the wrong way, we are not talking about a guy getting kicked out are we? We really are talking about a guy that never made it in and to me, these are 2 (two) very different things :smile:

Yes there is a difference in deed. 

• Like 1

davewe
Posted
Posted (edited)

Again my knowledge is limited and I don't expect my friend to divulge the details - and I totally understand that. But other friends told my wife that he knows the reason and it is something that occurred when he was young. Who knows if this is true and what it might be. The point is he apparently was not flagged for nothing, but why it reared its head now and not on past visits is debatable. Sorry I can't give a definitive answer; my guess is I will never know for sure. 

I still am totally convinced that he's a good man but we all make mistakes when we are young.

Edited by davewe
  • Thanks 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, davewe said:

Sorry I can't give a definitive answer; my guess is I will never know for sure. 

Dave, I for one hear you on this and I think we will agree, that when it happens to a Friend, it can be so difficult to deal with, Our thoughts as a family here are for the Wife and Daughter, ( I am thinking daughter here) can she get back to the States or will she be stranded? Unless she is a Big Part of it, I think all the married members would feel the same way as Azon and I at this time and time, I guess, will be a factor now of how they can all be together again :sad: ( If that is what is wanted :huh:) Sorry to say this But.........................................:wink:

• Like 2