Boy with cancer

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Guys

Does anyone know of some charitable group or someone who could help this boy in some way..  Its some sort of eye cancer.  I can only imagine how painful that is. He lives on the island of Batbatan, Culasi, Antique? I know its a long shot but must be someone out there who could be approached. This is the fathers number I believe, #09488824866

boy with cancer.jpg boy with cancer 2.jpg

• Like 3
  • Hmm thinking 1

Clermont
Posted
Posted

If by chance you come across a reputable charity that is willing to help this little might out, PM me and I'll see if we can make a cash donation to that charity. We'll be in Antique in December. :thumbsup:

• Like 2

brmpipes
Posted
Posted

I'm in also. Breaks my heart to see this little guy not get the life he deserves. Please do the ground work and we will go from there.

• Like 4

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, brmpipes said:

I'm in also. Breaks my heart to see this little guy not get the life he deserves. Please do the ground work and we will go from there.

I really meant for info on some of these medical missions or groups that will take something like this on. I dont have a lot of time just now but will do some research when I can. 

• Like 2

Yeochief
Posted
Posted

The Tebow CURE Hospital, in partnership with CURE International, provides physical and spiritual healing to deserving children of the Philippines. This 30-bed hospital is located in Davao City on the island of Mindanao, Philippines.  https://www.timtebowfoundation.org/tebow-cure-hopsital

• Like 2

Yeochief
Posted
Posted

Jacksonville, FL (December 10, 2014) – The Tim Tebow Foundation announced today that the Tebow CURE Hospital in Davao City, Philippines, has received its official operating license and opened its doors this week.

The official grand opening will take place in the spring of 2015. However, in the meantime, the hospital is already addressing children with the most critical orthopedic needs who otherwise would not be able to afford treatment. The hospital, built in partnership with CURE International, is a five-story, 30 bed facility with 3 operating rooms specializing in pediatric orthopedic surgeries. Currently, 17 of the hospital’s 30 beds are available and a team of 54 devoted staff members are ready to provide care to the underserved children of the Philippines.

“I was born in the Philippines while my parents served as missionaries, and I have always had a great love and passion for the Filipino people,” said Tim Tebow, Founder of the Tim Tebow Foundation. “It is so exciting to be able to provide healing and care for these incredibly deserving children halfway around the world.”

The Tim Tebow Foundation announced their plans to build the Tebow CURE Hospital in 2011 during Tebow’s second season with the Denver Broncos. The project officially broke ground in January 2012 with construction being completed in September 2014. The hospital is now fully equipped and has received its official operating license from the Philippines Department of Health. The hospital will serve children with orthopedic conditions such as clubfoot, bowed legs, cleft palate and many other congenital limb abnormalities.

Dale Brantner, President and CEO of CURE International shares, “The opening of the Tebow CURE Hospital is the fulfillment of long-held dreams and many prayers. We are excited to partner with the Tim Tebow Foundation to bring healing to the children of the Philippines in Jesus’ name.”

The Tim Tebow Foundation exists to bring Faith, Hope and Love to those needing a brighter day in their darkest hour of need. That mission is being fulfilled everyday through the foundation’s five areas of outreach including Team Tebow, Timmy’s Playrooms, Orphan Care, W15H and the Tebow CURE Hospital. For more on the Tim Tebow Foundation, please visit www.timtebowfoundation.org.

CURE International heals the sick and proclaims the Kingdom of God. It is the largest provider of reconstructive surgery to disabled children in the emerging world. Since opening the doors of its first surgical teaching hospital in Kijabe, Kenya, in 1998, CURE’s focus on bringing healing to developing nations has resulted in more than 2.4 million patient visits and over 167,000 surgeries to correct physically disabling conditions. CURE has also trained more than 7,200 medical professionals, raising the standard of care in the countries where it operates. Please visit http://cure.org for more information.

• Like 1

Corey
Posted
Posted

Really sad case.   Good chance it will not turn out well regardless of whether he gets treatment as Retinoblastoma is most likely in this age group and is hard to treat. My prayers are with him.   Thanks to all of you trying to help. Hopefully, if inoperable, they can at least make him comfortable.   If inoperable, hopefully no one operates.