What are the reasons Immigration can kick me out for?

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
32 minutes ago, hk blues said:

Falling out with a local is unlikely to get you killed to be fair, unless it is  a pretty big fall out! 

A man got shot for not buying a beer I believe.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Mike, what a great reply! Very well said.👍

• Thanks 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

As has been said introduce yourself to the barangay captain then treat the locals in a friendly,respectful manner.Don`t go showering gifts on everyone as this in itself can cause problems.Mind your own business.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, sonjack2847 said:

Words were exchanged, most likely the cause of the mans murder. If he had walked away....

Avoiding drunk Filipino’s is always a good idea. Not unlike here in the States drunk people can make poor decisions.

Edited by Old55
  • Like 4

boyee
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, JJReyes said:

To be blacklisted by Philippine Immigration requires that you did something wrong and there is a complaint or warrant.  It can't be for something minor like public intoxication.  The offense must be something similar to a felony in the United States. 

Okay, this makes me feel better.  And makes more sense.  I hear all these stories about expats who settle down in the PH and are kicked out for very minor reasons.  Committing a felony in in a foreign land should be a reason to be told to leave.  

I wonder if anyone has created a cheat sheet for Expats.  A list of what not to do.  Things that we do all the time in our own Country and didn't realize was such a huge violation elsewhere.  For example, I talk stink about my President just about every day.  I would guess that might not be a transferable habit though.  lol

graham59
Posted
Posted

As an Exfat, you need to learn about the three 'Fs'

'Pace'. 'Pamily', and 'Pood' . :thumbsup:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
43 minutes ago, sonjack2847 said:

How many men get asked to buy a beer in a day?  And how many get shot? Some perspective needed surely, and the fact it made news perhaps proves how rare it is. 

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

You will find out that most people keep a low profile and are left alone.  But what are the reasons immigration can kick me out?  This headline sums it up:

Immigration bureau to deport American for being undesirable

In other words, if someone influential decides they don't want you here, they will find a way to get rid of you, IMHO:hystery:

• Like 2

hk blues
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

You will find out that most people keep a low profile and are left alone.  But what are the reasons immigration can kick me out?  This headline sums it up:

Immigration bureau to deport American for being undesirable

In other words, if someone influential decides they don't want you here, they will find a way to get rid of you, IMHO:hystery:

It seems it wasn't too hard to find reasons to kick him out t.b.f. 

• Haha 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, hk blues said:

How many men get asked to buy a beer in a day?  And how many get shot? Some perspective needed surely, and the fact it made news perhaps proves how rare it is. 

Yes but it`s still a possibility.

• Like 1