What are the reasons Immigration can kick me out for?

hk blues
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, sonjack2847 said:

Yes but it`s still a possibility.

So is winning the lottery - I'm not pinning my retirement plans on it though! :smile:

• Haha 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, hk blues said:

I just think that it needs to be a pretty big fallout to result in someone being killed - even here.

Best to read some news. :smile: Last year or maybe it was this year, foreigner complains over noise. Bang, ended. Talisay, guy shot dead when drunk local  came back to Mc Donalds to sort foreigners out and the dead guy was not even part of the group that was targeted. This year, foreigner refuses to buy local a beer. Bang. The list goes on.

hk blues
Posted
Posted
47 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Best to read some news. :smile: Last year or maybe it was this year, foreigner complains over noise. Bang, ended. Talisay, guy shot dead when drunk local  came back to Mc Donalds to sort foreigners out and the dead guy was not even part of the group that was targeted. This year, foreigner refuses to buy local a beer. Bang. The list goes on.

I don't need to read the news - If/When such events occur they will be mentioned here PDQ! :smile:

I think you're missing the point - Nobody has said such things do not happen, myself included, but the frequency is rare as proved by the fact you were able to recall only 1 or 2 events over the past 1 or 2 years.  Hardly rife given the number of foreigners living here.

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
37 minutes ago, hk blues said:

but the frequency is rare as proved by the fact you were able to recall only 1 or 2 events over the past 1 or 2 years.  Hardly rife given the number of foreigners living here.

OK believe what you will. Now anyway lets get back to the topic as we are all off in another direction. What are the reasons immigration can kick me out is what this topic is. 

• Hmm thinking 1

graham59
Posted
Posted

Being dead ?  :89:

Sorry.  :biggrin:

• Haha 1

boyee
Posted
Posted

but the frequency is rare as proved by the fact you were able to recall only 1 or 2 events over the past 1 or 2 years.  Hardly rife given the number of foreigners living here.

OK believe what you will. Now anyway lets get back to the topic as we are all off in another direction. What are the reasons immigration can kick me out is what this topic is. 

I would agree, I live in Oakland California, multiple people are randomly murdered every single day just in this city alone.  So by comparison it seems foreigners being murdered is not the biggest concern.  I've hear of foreigners insulting Filippinos and getting the boot, I'd think that would happen more often.

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Please, the topic is deportation. 🇵🇭🌴

Guys, feel free to start a new topic like      “murdered in Philippines”?

Kuya John
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, Old55 said:

Please, the topic is deportation. 🇵🇭🌴

Ok, I will let you know if it happens to me.

(Why do I think someone is trying to wind us all up?)

• I'm Confused 1

KC813
Posted
Posted
19 hours ago, boyee said:

My Asawa and I are planning to move to the Philippines and as a foreigner I would like to know what I am not allowed to do.  We are going to build a house and couldn't imagine getting kicked out or not allowed to re-inter for doing stuff that is perfectly legal in the States.

I understand that insulting Filippino culture or religion in public is a bad idea but is it likely that could get me exiled?

Your asked what acts will get you kicked out.  You’ve heard the biggies – unauthorized work and crimes.

If you really want to see what will get you into legal trouble, it doesn’t hurt to understand the basic background of the immigration laws. But as everyone here will remind you, remember where you are!  The judicial system here is, well, different.

The Commonwealth of the Ph copied the US’ immigration rules in 1940, and although there have been some amendments, that is still the basic outline used today. 

Just like in the US, there is a different list of acts that can prevent a person from entering the country (grounds of exclusion) than the list that is used to KICK you out of the country (grounds of deportation). 

Exclusion grounds are very broad; it takes very little to be refused entry into the country.  That is why we see news stories about people deported from the airport for basically just behaving like idiots.

Deportation grounds are for people already admitted to the country, and are much more specific, covering such things as visa fraud, serious criminal convictions, drug convictions, prostitution, anarchists & visa violators.  I don’t know where to find the law with amendments, but the basic grounds of deportation start on page 17 of this link:

www.immigration.gov.ph/images/ImmigrationLaw/2017_Feb/1_CA613.pdf

Fortunately for you and most of us, sometimes misspelling “Filipino” with two p’s in a row shouldn't get us deported.  :biggrin::biggrin:

• Like 2

Clermont
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, KC813 said:

The Commonwealth of the Ph copied the US’ immigration rules in 1940, and although there have been some amendments, that is still the basic outline used today. 

Yes and not only immigration laws, civil, criminal laws although in some criminal cases it is alright to kill the neighbor if you catch him in the act of adultery. Basically, all laws are from the post war era and with a few little twigs, they have remand that way except never enforced until now. That's what is getting up everyone's nose.  :thumbsup: