What are the reasons Immigration can kick me out for?

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, KC813 said:

The Commonwealth of the Ph copied the US’ immigration rules in 1940,

:89: Not often I act as a  Politically Correct Police person BUT the Philippines, is a Republic Please, not to be ever confused it with a Commonwealth Country :wink:

Just saying :smile:

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

3 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

:89: Not often I act as a  Politically Correct Police person BUT the Philippines, is a Republic Please, not to be ever confused it with a Commonwealth Country :wink:

While I have heard the term "Commonwealth Country" I was ignorant of the term and your  post peaked my interest.  It appears the definition may have shifted over time?  The second definition, if you accept it, would seem to cover the Philippines.  In any case I learned something new today so thank you. :thumbsup:

Commonwealth of Nations. Formerly British Commonwealth. An association comprising the United Kingdom, its dependencies, and many former British colonies that are now sovereign states, including Canada, Australia, India, and many West Indian and African countries.
Commonwealth countries - definition of Commonwealth countries by ...
https://www.thefreedictionary.com/Commonwealth+countries

commocommonwealth - Dictionary Definition : Vocabulary.com
https://www.vocabulary.com/dictionary/commonwealthnwealth. A commonwealth refers to any group of people organized under a single government, particularly a republic. ... Nowadays, a commonwealth has come to mean any government in which all people involved have a say, or a loose formation of nations with a shared loyalty.

• Like 1

RBM
Posted
Posted
On 11/11/2018 at 12:50 AM, Old55 said:

Please, the topic is deportation. 🇵🇭🌴

Guys, feel free to start a new topic like      “murdered in Philippines”?

To the OP although it's quite true these headline grabbing crimes that have have been mentioned will result in deportation. How ever the most common cause of deportation is falling faul of the BI laws. Most being over staying and or totally disrespect of these people. We all need to remember they don't write the laws just enforce them.

There are from memory now over 3 million visitors here each year, the percentage of deportations would be a tiny fraction.

• Thanks 2

KC813
Posted
Posted
On 11/11/2018 at 5:40 AM, Jack Peterson said:

But, but, but Jack old boy, in 1940 the Philippines was the "Commonwealth of the Philippines"!

(Probably just another attempt by the Yank overseers to expropriate language from the Brits) :wink:

• Haha 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, KC813 said:

in 1940 the Philippines was the "Commonwealth of the Philippines"!

Maybe but the Constitution of 1987? changed that to the "Republic of the Philippines"

canadamale
Posted
Posted
27 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Maybe but the Constitution of 1987? changed that to the "Republic of the Philippines"

Maybe soon to be the Federation of the Philippines

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
Just now, canadamale said:

Maybe soon to be the Federation of the Philippines

what can I sayWho knows (dave (1).jpg :smile:

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted