The Car Service!

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

I love TPMS!  (Tire Pressure Monitoring System). 

:thumbsup: i have It on my SUZUKi  Ciaz

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
35 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

i have It on my SUZUKi  Ciaz

On mine it goes by a different name.  Its called "20 pesos to the guy who pumps my gas to fill the tires to the right pressure" :hystery:  For 20 pesos every 10 days or 2 weeks I can buy a lot of TPMS :whistling:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
21 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

On mine it goes by a different name.  Its called "20 pesos to the guy who pumps my gas to fill the tires to the right pressure" :hystery:  For 20 pesos every 10 days or 2 weeks I can buy a lot of TPMS :whistling:

Yes, but when you are going 100+ kph on the expressway will he pop up out of the back seat and yell "danger, tire pressure warning" when your tire starts to go?  :hystery:

• Haha 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

Yes, but when you are going 100+ kph on the expressway will he pop up out of the back seat and yell "danger, tire pressure warning" when your tire starts to go?  :hystery:

You would be surprised what you can get for 20 peso.Anyway when my Suzuki scrum can do 100 + around here I`ll check it more often.

• Haha 3

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
16 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

Well I gave him the day off as it was raining and damn I got a blowout.Luckily I was only doing about 15kph so it was very easy to control.New tyre and inner tube now needed.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, sonjack2847 said:

New tyre and inner tube now needed.

Dang, that'll cost you all of 2,000 pesos for that multicab.  My car uses tubeless but they cost 4,000 each so your way is better I think.

• Like 2

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
17 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Dang, that'll cost you all of 2,000 pesos for that multicab.  My car uses tubeless but they cost 4,000 each so your way is better I think.

Yes that is roughly how much I have been told,I don`t like tubeless here as the roads are so bad.Hopefully now I can have a long while without spending more money on the multicab.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

My car uses tubeless

The only problem with Tubeless is not many vulcanisers or garages have the Puncture Kits, I have heard that they will tell you OH! i will just put an inner in, have you found a place that can mend tubeless? :89:

Edited by Jack Peterson
It's Wednesday

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jack Peterson said:

The only problem with Tubeless is not many vulcanisers or garages have the Puncture Kits, I have heard that they will tell you OH! i will just put an inner in, have you found a place that can mend tubeless? :89:

I didn't know that.  I thought those vulcanizer guys could do tubeless.  The only time I had a tubeless repaired was at Yokohama and they were still cheap.  I think p150.  So I guess I will take my Brio back there for the tubeless tire repair.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

I didn't know that.  I thought those vulcanizer guys could do tubeless.  The only time I had a tubeless repaired was at Yokohama and they were still cheap.  I think p150.  So I guess I will take my Brio back there for the tubeless tire repair.

:smile: Maybe in the Larger Cities but down here in the  Centre of the 1950's :whistling:New Ideas and expensive equipment they are few  Suzuki can do it but then, when have we ever been near where we know what and who can do  it ? Especially at night and on a Sunday when things happen For me, I like to get these things done ASAP :wink: Later only don't wash with me

BTW those tubeless Repair Kits are quite Expensive so I am told  :mellow:

Edited by Jack Peterson
added a little
  • Like 1