The Car Service!

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
On 11/10/2018 at 4:49 PM, Jack Peterson said:

(Without changing Brake Pads that were only 600 km from the last Service) halving the cost was OK BUT it still turned out to be 4.000 peso :89: 2000 peso for Brake pads? 

Thinking about this again because I had work done today.

For the brakes, have you checked the service schedule carefully?  Some manufacturers have something like "inspect for wear and replace if needed".  Unless you were having a problem with the brakes, my opinion is that they are ripping you off and you should call them on it. 

LUKC said that time and distance should apply to some items.  It certainly makes sense for some liquids and seals, but I can't see how it would apply to such young brake pads.

I had my brakes cleaned and inspected today.  Still fine at 64,000 km.  350 labor and 250 for brake cleaner.

The Chevy dealer charges p10,000 for a set of Trailblazer GM front brake pads, plus labor.  I can get the same one from a parts guy in our Trailblazer club for around p8000.  However, the Yokahama dealer carries a Korean brand called Hi-Q that seems good.  I don't know what Yokohama charges, but they sell for around p1100 on Lazada.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, OnMyWay said:

For the brakes, have you checked the service schedule carefully? 

Sure have and Suzuki have said all is well as they are only 600 km in. The 2 year warranty certificate states all Services carried out to the Requirements set :smile: Happy Chappy here :wink:

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jack Peterson said:

Suzuki have said all is well

So they gave you a "brake" on that one did they :hystery:  I must admit I like honest service personnel who will look at the brakes and say: "no need to replace those yet".

• Hmm thinking 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

Yokahama dealer carries a Korean brand

I used Yokohama tyres in the UK on my work van and never had a problem with them.

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
46 minutes ago, sonjack2847 said:

I used Yokohama tyres in the UK on my work van and never had a problem with them.

Same here.  In the last 40 years or so I put them on several vehicles and can't remember a problem.  Usually the price is right too!  For my big 265/60 R18 SUV tires the OEM BF Goodrich are around 13k each, and others are similar.  The Yokohama Geolander G056 is only 9680 and if you pay cash, 9250, installed.  You only pay a few pesos for wheel weights, if needed, for balancing.