Renewed my passport. Is my existing ACR still valid when I go to extend my stay?

gabgab
Posted
Posted

Hey everyone, so my ACR is still within its validity period but I've just recently received a new passport due to the previous one expiring.

In a few weeks I need to go to extend my stay, would I need a new ACR or can they 'transfer' the existing still-valid one to the new passport, assuming I show them the old passport as well?

And if I do have to apply for a new ACR, is it possible to ask them to send it to another BI office in another city instead of to the branch I applied in? And finally how long does it take to receive the card? A few months ago when I did my ACR I had to wait for 3 weeks for it to arrive.

I'm just trying to plan my travel as these procedures may restrict me to certain places at certain times..

Thanks for any info!

Jim

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

I think we had the same situation just a few weeks ago. Maybe the answer is in this particular forum unless I have topics mixed in my head. :7500:

• Like 1

gabgab
Posted
Posted

I see a topic about 'new passport' but it's about entry stamps rather than the specific ACR thing :(

• Like 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

I would check at any local BI.When my PP was changed I was told the existing ACR card was still valid and no need to change it, but that was 3 years ago and things change here all the time.Actually I am going to BI today and if I remember I will ask.

• Like 1

gabgab
Posted
Posted

Thanks sonjack, please update if you managed to ask them. Otherwise if no one is experienced in the situation then yeah I'll have to go there and inquire..

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, sonjack2847 said:

When my PP was changed I was told the existing ACR card was still valid and no need to change it, but that was 3 years ago and things change here all the time.

Exactly the same as my experience and about the same length of time ago.  I doubt that has changed.

• Like 1

Huggybearman
Posted
Posted

Like previous posters, I was told that my existing ACR-i card remained valid when I renewed my passport.

Your unique SSRN number on the card remains the same on subsequent card renewals and your passport details are not recorded on the card anyway.

Ken

• Like 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

I just asked here in Dumaguete and you need to take your old and new passport and there is no need to change your ACR card.The woman who told me this I have known for years and she has never given me untrue/bad advice yet. At the end of the day if they want you to change it at your local BI it really is no problem.

• Like 1

RBM
Posted
Posted

The advice from Kevi is spot on, I have just been through this.

Depending your current visa status you may need new passport re stamped,  I received a lot of conflicting advice here, even the fat guy at Immigration J Mall gave wrong advice.

Basically if your a tourist under a year here no need restamping stamping of passport. Be sure to keep your old passport it can......does become awkward as most countries cancel old passport the moment a new one is issued. 

Feel free to ask if any questions as happy to relate my own experiences which will be tested with an exit next week.

• Like 1

gabgab
Posted
Posted (edited)

Thanks sonjack for asking there! And thanks everyone for the answers. This sounds encouraging, so hopefully I won't need a new ACR for the upcoming extension.

For the extension following that, I'm still curious if they can send an ACR to a different BI office than the one you extend your stay in, and how long it takes to receive it these days. Since it kind of restricts your travel if you have to pick it up from the same office and it takes roughly 3 weeks to arrive (that's the length of time it took last time I did it).

I'll try ask them about it once I go there and report here :)

Edited by jimdones