JeSsDaDdY

If you need a US Bank Account, check out SDFCU

Just make sure to upload everything when you apply. If not, they might come asking for more. I uploaded passport, ss card, phils DL and proof of billing address. that's it.

On 12/2/2018 at 9:40 PM, JeSsDaDdY said:

Just make sure to upload everything when you apply. If not, they might come asking for more. I uploaded passport, ss card, phils DL and proof of billing address. that's it.

What did you use for proof of address?  My ACR permanent resident should work?  It has the address.  DL has it too.

I opened an ACA account and I will send some documents to SDFCU today.

4 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

What did you use for proof of address?  My ACR permanent resident should work?  It has the address.  DL has it too.

I opened an ACA account and I will send some documents to SDFCU today.

A couple of bills and lease.

• Like 1

I applied for SDFCU membership today, savings and free checking, and have one extra piece of advice over what JeSsDaDdy has already given.

Supposedly there is a 10 minute limit to the online application process, which is fine, except for one thing.

You are given a chance to upload documents and flag them as "ID" or "Proof of Residence" or "Copy of SS Card" or "Other".  On the first go round I added 8 items and could not continue due to the unforeseen error "maximum total file size 2.8 mb".  That is not much in this day and age.  I had to resize all my files to a very small size to make it under the 2.8 mb limit.

After I did that and started over, no issues.  So, make sure your files are under the limit before you start.  I uploaded passport, DL front and back, ACR card front and back,  PLDT bill,  ACA receipt and SS card.

Another nice thing was that you can open the accounts, up to $500, with a credit card, which I did.  A bit easier than an ACH transfer, at the moment.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

I applied for SDFCU membership today, savings and free checking, and have one extra piece of advice over what JeSsDaDdy has already given.

Supposedly there is a 10 minute limit to the online application process, which is fine, except for one thing.

You are given a chance to upload documents and flag them as "ID" or "Proof of Residence" or "Copy of SS Card" or "Other".  On the first go round I added 8 items and could not continue due to the unforeseen error "maximum total file size 2.8 mb".  That is not much in this day and age.  I had to resize all my files to a very small size to make it under the 2.8 mb limit.

After I did that and started over, no issues.  So, make sure your files are under the limit before you start.  I uploaded passport, DL front and back, ACR card front and back,  PLDT bill,  ACA receipt and SS card.

Another nice thing was that you can open the accounts, up to $500, with a credit card, which I did.  A bit easier than an ACH transfer, at the moment.

Let us know how it goes and how long it takes for them to open the account. Like I said, mine took a while. I just sent in the app for my daughter's account, so we will see what happens with that.

On 12/10/2018 at 5:44 PM, JeSsDaDdY said:

Let us know how it goes and how long it takes for them to open the account. Like I said, mine took a while. I just sent in the app for my daughter's account, so we will see what happens with that.

They approved my accounts today, so it was only about 4 business days.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

They approved my accounts today, so it was only about 4 business days.

Oh that's great. Glad to hear it went well for you. Let us know what you think after you start using the account some.