RANT- What cheese's me off

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

There are things that sometimes annoy me about the Philippines but this is more to do with the Filipino Facebook culture which is a big part of their lives.

OK, it cheeses me off with all the posts of sick or disabled kids that need an operation or help but the person who posts it tell a little story and pictures then tell all that read to type "Amen". I'm not religious but it has nothing to do with that, type "Amen" does nothing to help solve someones possibly life threatening condition. Instead of typing, run a fund raiser or gofundme something. 

Then the many pictures taken of mangled bodies, someones loved ones crushed to death in an accident, dead babies on the side of the road posted and shared on social media, WHY?  Why do they have to take the pictures in the first place? 

:508:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

There are things that sometimes annoy me about the Philippines but this is more to do with the Filipino Facebook culture which is a big part of their lives.

OK, it cheeses me off with all the posts of sick or disabled kids that need an operation or help but the person who posts it tell a little story and pictures then tell all that read to type "Amen". I'm not religious but it has nothing to do with that, type "Amen" does nothing to help solve someones possibly life threatening condition. Instead of typing, run a fund raiser or gofundme something. 

Then the many pictures taken of mangled bodies, someones loved ones crushed to death in an accident, dead babies on the side of the road posted and shared on social media, WHY?  Why do they have to take the pictures in the first place? 

Totally agree,  Amen and a thousand blessings to you.

• Haha 2

Viking
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

I also have a hard time to understand their facination in taking pictures at the wrong moment.

To me its very wrong, and disrespectful for anyone involved, but they dont seems to understand that :571c66d400c8c_1(103):

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted (edited)

The average Filipino’s perspectives are not the same as most Westerners. I think sometimes we don’t understand just how different we are. Not judging just an observation.

Edited by Old55
  • Like 3

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

Please accept another "Amen" from me.

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

OK, it cheeses me off with all the posts of sick or disabled kids that need an operation or help but the person who posts it tell a little story and pictures then tell all that read to type "Amen"

They have been brainwashed by the Catholic church and anybody who has been through system will know exactly what I mean.I was in the system for 5 years but had a hard time believing in something when I saw so much suffering around.I am afraid that practicality is not a big thing here.Enough of my preaching.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Kuya John
Posted
Posted (edited)

I had a feeling this was going to go this way.......

1 hour ago, sonjack2847 said:

They have been brainwashed by the Catholic church and anybody who has been through system will know exactly what I mean.I was in the system for 5 years but had a hard time believing in something when I saw so much suffering around.I am afraid that practicality is not a big thing here.Enough of my preaching.

I didn't start this debate however Amen derives from Greek....Arabic and Jewish doctrines.

My experiences as a Christian is that most Faiths are intertwined.

However back to the OP, I am grateful that I don't part-take of FaceBook for many reasons, to name one it destroys lives. And that's what cheeses me off

What exactly does amen mean? | Catholic Answers

Edited by Kuya John
Clarity
  • Like 1
  • Love it 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

I rarely see one of those and it is always from the same old relative of my wife.  You must have a large group of Filipino FB friends.   I don't accept most friend requests and rarely accept from someone I have never met in person.

I don't participate in any of those type of FB ploys, no matter if they are legit or worthy.  I made a general rule that I will not comment or repost anything where it asks me or commands me to.  Even if it is for causes I believe in.  I just don't do it.

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

the person who posts it tell a little story and pictures then tell all that read to type "Amen".

AMen!

They should just say "like and share" as the atheists do :hystery:

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Reading between the pixels I think some may take out of context of what I said or meant. The word could be "Hotdog" and still the same thing as nothing changes when everyone types the word and shares rather than doing something constructive to help a cause. 

• Like 1