RANT- What cheese's me off

GeoffH
Posted
Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

The word could be "Hotdog" and still the same thing as nothing changes when everyone types the word and shares rather than doing something constructive to help a cause. 

Yes but if one believed it was genuinely helpful because of one's faith then ipso facto one would post.

NB not saying that is my belief or faith, just commenting about the thought processes that would follow from holding that faith.

Edited by GeoffH

Clermont
Posted
Posted

It's got me buggered what you's are all talking about, faith, religion, honesty, never heard of it, is it a new type of woman or beer, these are the only two things a male person should be worried about. :28: O and of course him. :hystery:

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

There are things that sometimes annoy me about the Philippines but this is more to do with the Filipino Facebook culture which is a big part of their lives.

OK, it cheeses me off with all the posts of sick or disabled kids that need an operation or help but the person who posts it tell a little story and pictures then tell all that read to type "Amen". I'm not religious but it has nothing to do with that, type "Amen" does nothing to help solve someones possibly life threatening condition. Instead of typing, run a fund raiser or gofundme something. 

Then the many pictures taken of mangled bodies, someones loved ones crushed to death in an accident, dead babies on the side of the road posted and shared on social media, WHY?  Why do they have to take the pictures in the first place? 

:508:

Filipinos are not emotionally complex people. Deeply superstitious, they believe that the "Amens" actually do something. It's like crossing one's self to ward off evil or rubbing some beads or making a sign with your fingers to ward off the evil eye. It's also a bit like some Western person signing on online petition for or against something. It doesn't do a thing but it feels like you've done something.

Also being simple people, sensationalism sells. In the West, we sanitized sensationalism only to revive it with technology to allow us to represent it. We never see what bullets do in the media, but we know the Hero wins with one in the meat of his shoulder. Here, it's still real.

• Like 1
  • Love it 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
51 minutes ago, Clermont said:

It's got me buggered what you's are all talking about, faith, religion, honesty, never heard of it, is it a new type of woman or beer, these are the only two things a male person should be worried about. :28: O and of course him. :hystery:

I disagree completely Clermont.

Why do you need to worry about women? :tongue::tongue::tongue:

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

7 years bad luck if you don`t type amen.

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, sonjack2847 said:

7 years bad luck if you don`t type amen.

20 years bad luck if you don't marry the right woman :hystery:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, GeoffH said:

20 years bad luck if you don't marry the right woman :hystery:

Must be different for Assies I only got 7 1/2 years bad luck the first time I got married.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Reboot
Posted
Posted

It's not just Filipinos that do the amen posts and gore. It's quite common on latin american faceborg

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
16 hours ago, GeoffH said:

Yes but if one believed it was genuinely helpful because of one's faith then ipso facto one would post.

A very good point, I had not really considered it that way.   Thanks for helping me see it in a different context.

• Like 1