Brexit turmoil

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Well what a right mess it seems, and i still would vote to leave Europe if there was a 2nd vote or a peoples vote or any other vote for those who are not satisfied until they have there way.

If the vote was for us all to stay in Europe i would have excepted that but it seems others cannot except it, there was that much crap coming from both sides saying this and that and it did and still is so bad that i have no idea what the future may have for the UK, but when you get politicians from Europe telling the UK we will not survive with out them and that we must be ruled by there rules well i am sticking my feet firmly into the ground and not moving in my thought, well that is until there is a vote and if the remainers win well i will just have to go along with the flow.

Lots of changers for England and myself next year and how i see it i am lucky i do have a choice whether to stay in Europe or Asia .

• Like 5

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

The suggested recourse is to have another vote whether to stay or leave.  Those who voted for Brexit did it based on certain assumptions which may not happen after the finalized negotiations between Great Britain and the EU.  

• Like 2
  • Hmm thinking 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, JJReyes said:

The suggested recourse is to have another vote whether to stay or leave.  Those who voted for Brexit did it based on certain assumptions which may not happen after the finalized negotiations between Great Britain and the EU.  

Yes and that is a two way street.The EU would not listen to our Prime ministers concern about certain things when we had a genuine gripe.They are a dictatorship of the worst kind.It is a gravy train for failed politicians who care nothing about the people who they are supposed to represent.Millions of pounds, Euros which cannot be accounted for have passed through and they always want more from the people in richer countries and make them as poor if not poorer than a country who has just joined.Then there is the refugee fiasco which was started by the leader of Germany then she tries to push them onto other countries. It is a very complex system of withdrawal which is not helped by any false news which is far too widespread.

The UN is investigating the UK at the moment because of extreme poverty,austerity was introduced in the UK years ago and it was a political decision not a financial one just so as politicians could look good on the world stage by giving money to other countries whilst we have hundreds of foodbanks opening up in the UK. Apparently since austerity has been in the richest people in the UK have seen their fortunes/wealth double.And through all this the EU still wants more money which they cannot account for they have never published account books and probably never will.It should have been left as a trading group instead of backdoor moves to make it ruled by Brussels and the leaches there.Nothing personal JJ but there two sides to every story and I am sure other people can write their thoughts on here which are not in line with mine.

• Like 5

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
27 minutes ago, JJReyes said:

The suggested recourse is to have another vote whether to stay or leave.

Maybe then the best two out of three? :popcorn:

• Haha 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

Kuya John
Posted
Posted

As far as I can recall the only Politician who has resigned in favour of remain was Ex; PM David Cameron!

Those who have resigned since are not happy with the result of two years of negotiations!

I thought the job of Politicians was to carry out the will of the people....not to desert the sinking ship! :tiphat:

• Like 3

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
51 minutes ago, Kuya John said:

David Cameron!

He got a bit of a blackeye with the vote then did a runner he started it he should have seen it through.I did hear that he is trying to get a gravy train job now.

• Hmm thinking 1

GeoffH
Posted
Posted

The only thing that I find difficulty with in this whole BREXIT saga is the fact that it was always blindingly obvious (even from the other side of the world) that the EU were going to punish Britain for exiting the EU and yet people are complaining now it's happening.

It was always a package deal, stay with the EU and continue to have those problems or exit the EU and wait for the EU to make the whole exit process as harsh and difficult as possible in order to discourage other EU countries from doing the same.

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Correct me if I am wrong, but as I understand it Switzerland is a member of the European Free Trade Association and yet not a part of the EU.  If they can do it, why not the UK?

:58: Other words just not necessary :shake_80_anim_gif: :56da64af91f92_23_11_602:

• Like 1