Brexit turmoil

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

:whistling: No one is going to Punish Switzerland ever, they are after all, the EU Bankers :wink:

They bank for plenty of people some(allegedly) of dubious character

• Like 1

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, jimeve said:
16 hours ago, JJReyes said:

The suggested recourse is to have another vote whether to stay or leave.  Those who voted for Brexit did it based on certain assumptions which may not happen after the finalized negotiations between Great Britain and the EU.  

No, we voted and we are leaving period.

Is there a strong concern that the results of a second referendum would be different?  This is going to be a really messy divorce.  All the countries of the EU will have to ratify the agreement.  In my opinion, the end result will be a hard Brexit.  

• Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
17 hours ago, fillipino_wannabe said:

.Remain told far more lies than leave. They said spending cuts and tax rises would happen as soon as the vote was done, we'd go into a recession, 3 million jobs would be lost, there were even people insinuating we'd be fighting WW3 by this point.
... we were in a far better situation before joining the EU.

I don't believe there was a suggestion that the consequences of a Leave vote would be immediate - and certainly nobody seriously thought we'd be fighting WW3 by now!

We joined the EEC 45 years ago.  A lot of water has flowed under a lot of bridges since then so it's hard to see how we can take comfort from how good things were back in 1973 before we joined the EEC. 

We'll find out soon enough which side told the most/biggest lies - I hope you're right though!

• Like 1

Foreigner
Posted
Posted

Gaining independence is not always easy. My country would have had it much easier if we had remained with Britain, but we chose to become independent. 

Independence was costly to both sides but we Yanks overcame many new challenges to create a new system of government, an armed forces and a new currency. 

Plus, we even managed to find the time to create our very own language.:hystery:

• Haha 4

jimeve
Posted
Posted
14 minutes ago, Foreigner said:

Gaining independence is not always easy. My country would have had it much easier if we had remained with Britain, but we chose to become independent. 

Independence was costly to both sides but we Yanks overcame many new challenges to create a new system of government, an armed forces and a new currency. 

Plus, we even managed to find the time to create our very own language.:hystery:

Regaining independence is what you should have said.

• Like 1

bastonjock
Posted
Posted

Ive just watched a Facebook video  of Junker adressing an eu delegation,now this guy is the EU top dog , he had to come off stage as he was wearing one black and one brown shoe :hystery:

• Haha 2

hk blues
Posted
Posted
26 minutes ago, bastonjock said:

Ive just watched a Facebook video  of Junker adressing an eu delegation,now this guy is the EU top dog , he had to come off stage as he was wearing one black and one brown shoe :hystery:

I know we are always saying the left hand doesn't know what the right is doing....but the above is a new one on me!

• Like 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted
54 minutes ago, bastonjock said:

Every time you see this man he seems to be a little drunk ,and lets face it who has ever heard of him before brexit, maybe if he was not so the so called top dog brexit may never had happened , but once you hear him telling what we should be doing for there own interest well its time to tell him to jump.

Just my own thoughts.

• Like 1

Gary D
Posted
Posted

Junker is just an elected bureacratic not a dictator. He has 27 boses telling him what to do, soon to be 26.