Jump to content
Dave Hounddriver

Sinks? Who needs them?

Recommended Posts

49 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

The taps work.

No Sinks.jpg

Not one of my jobs.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Reminds me of the complete CR remodel we completed a few months back.  The tile man put ceramic wall tile over the outlet drain pipe for the lav.  I was checking on him about every hour or so and caught it before the mortar had set.  His reason?  "No one told me."  Makes me wonder if he has a wife to tell him to eat, sleep, breath, . . . . :89:

  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Mike J said:

Reminds me of the complete CR remodel we completed a few months back.  The tile man put ceramic wall tile over the outlet drain pipe for the lav.  I was checking on him about every hour or so and caught it before the mortar had set.  His reason?  "No one told me."  Makes me wonder if he has a wife to tell him to eat, sleep, breath, . . . . :89:

No need to panic they probably have a complete set of diamond tipped hole cutters which they use to cut the hole after the tile has set mmm yeh right.Maybe he didn`t give a chit so seen no reason for anybody else to.:hystery:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, sonjack2847 said:

No need to panic they probably have a complete set of diamond tipped hole cutters which they use to cut the hole after the tile has set mmm yeh right.Maybe he didn`t give a chit so seen no reason for anybody else to.:hystery:

I brought two diamond tip core bits with me from the US when I moved here.  The tile guys are like kids at Christmas when I let them use them with my 28 volt cordless drill (2 CR , 2 kitchen, and 2 dirty kitchen remodels).  I always demo first so they know speed, pressure, and to use water to keep the bit cool.  We have had multiple different tile men do work for us and I was always pleased with their work.  This guy was not a craftsman and I told the foreman he is not welcome back.  I would not be surprised if his "experience" was watching someone else and thinking "I can do that".

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My re-tile of the CR seems to bemuse our guests... :unsure:

.

 

27972973_1971863183133907_3818371653137204173_n.jpg

  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/22/2018 at 8:44 AM, graham59 said:

My re-tile of the CR seems to bemuse our guests... :unsure:

.

 

27972973_1971863183133907_3818371653137204173_n.jpg

Nice! Can sit on the toilet with your fishing pole 🎣 and catch dinner 🐟  at the same time you take care of business. Just gotta watch out you don’t reel in any brown trout or tissue fish! 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/21/2018 at 3:17 PM, Dave Hounddriver said:

The taps work.

No Sinks.jpg

Looking at this picture reminds me of an installation I have seen.It looks like there is a trough at the back and the ends look a bit higher.That sends the water to the trough and down the plughole which looks as if it is to the side of the tap by the wall.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, sonjack2847 said:

Looking at this picture reminds me of an installation I have seen.It looks like there is a trough at the back and the ends look a bit higher.That sends the water to the trough and down the plughole which looks as if it is to the side of the tap by the wall.

You are correct.  It is disconcerting to look at it, and that's why I took the pic, but the countertop slopes to the back and there is a hole for the water to run to.  In fact its just the right height that if all the urinals are occupied . .  . .  :shock_40_anim_gif:

  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

You are correct.  It is disconcerting to look at it, and that's why I took the pic, but the countertop slopes to the back and there is a hole for the water to run to.  In fact its just the right height that if all the urinals are occupied . .  . .  :shock_40_anim_gif:

Can't see the box for the locals to stand on.:mocking:

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×