The taps work.

No Sinks.jpg

Not one of my jobs.

• Haha 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

Reminds me of the complete CR remodel we completed a few months back.  The tile man put ceramic wall tile over the outlet drain pipe for the lav.  I was checking on him about every hour or so and caught it before the mortar had set.  His reason?  "No one told me."  Makes me wonder if he has a wife to tell him to eat, sleep, breath, . . . . :89:

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
36 minutes ago, Mike J said:

Reminds me of the complete CR remodel we completed a few months back.  The tile man put ceramic wall tile over the outlet drain pipe for the lav.  I was checking on him about every hour or so and caught it before the mortar had set.  His reason?  "No one told me."  Makes me wonder if he has a wife to tell him to eat, sleep, breath, . . . . :89:

No need to panic they probably have a complete set of diamond tipped hole cutters which they use to cut the hole after the tile has set mmm yeh right.Maybe he didn`t give a chit so seen no reason for anybody else to.:hystery:

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, sonjack2847 said:

No need to panic they probably have a complete set of diamond tipped hole cutters which they use to cut the hole after the tile has set mmm yeh right.Maybe he didn`t give a chit so seen no reason for anybody else to.:hystery:

I brought two diamond tip core bits with me from the US when I moved here.  The tile guys are like kids at Christmas when I let them use them with my 28 volt cordless drill (2 CR , 2 kitchen, and 2 dirty kitchen remodels).  I always demo first so they know speed, pressure, and to use water to keep the bit cool.  We have had multiple different tile men do work for us and I was always pleased with their work.  This guy was not a craftsman and I told the foreman he is not welcome back.  I would not be surprised if his "experience" was watching someone else and thinking "I can do that".

• Like 1

graham59
Posted
Posted

My re-tile of the CR seems to bemuse our guests... :unsure:

27972973_1971863183133907_3818371653137204173_n.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Gator
Posted
Posted
On 11/22/2018 at 8:44 AM, graham59 said:

My re-tile of the CR seems to bemuse our guests... :unsure:

27972973_1971863183133907_3818371653137204173_n.jpg

Nice! Can sit on the toilet with your fishing pole 🎣 and catch dinner 🐟  at the same time you take care of business. Just gotta watch out you don’t reel in any brown trout or tissue fish! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
On 11/21/2018 at 3:17 PM, Dave Hounddriver said:

The taps work.

No Sinks.jpg

Looking at this picture reminds me of an installation I have seen.It looks like there is a trough at the back and the ends look a bit higher.That sends the water to the trough and down the plughole which looks as if it is to the side of the tap by the wall.

• Like 1

Gary D
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

You are correct.  It is disconcerting to look at it, and that's why I took the pic, but the countertop slopes to the back and there is a hole for the water to run to.  In fact its just the right height that if all the urinals are occupied . .  . .  :shock_40_anim_gif:

Can't see the box for the locals to stand on.:mocking:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1