Get Together For March Of 2010

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

:lol: Well all, I know this is a little far in advance but it seems like a rare event may be unfolding because a number of outside the country people will all be in Cebu at the same time next year so I am starting early in case others may be able to join us and asking up front who else plans to be in Cebu in March and who would like to join us for an eye to eye and would any days or dates be better than another for a get together. I am thinking either a Friday or Saturday late afternoon and maybe in the middle of the month to allow for the most people who may be visiting Cebu but I am open to moving the day or date around to suit the most people in case some who live in Cebu may be out of town or some who are going to visit may have side trips in mind. I would like to maybe make a day of it and maybe some of you who live in Cebu can plan ahead to make sure you too will be there, and I sure do not wish to interfere with any other groups who may be having a get together that month and that I am not aware of. I know that is a lot of and's :lol:Seems that Boss Man Tom, Old55, Franklin who is a member of this forum but is not very active but will most likely be moving to Cebu at a later date, a friend of mine Jeff from Miami and his lovely wife Aida (a Filipina), possibly Bruce and of course myself and my lovely wife and I believe some others who do not live in Cebu City have mentioned being in Cebu at that time but my old-timers seems to be getting to me and I am drawing a blank at this time, so guys and gals, what days and date would be good for you all? who else is planning to be in Cebu in March and what day or date would be good for you? any suggestions on a venue that we can all enjoy? The Mooon Cafe worked out pretty good during the last events I set up earlier this year and because they have tables outside, that allows for the non smokers and the smokers to all be happy. So anybody??? Any suggestions??? Those people I mentioned are also welcome to chime in and let us know what dates might be good for them as well since I am sure you too might have other plans?

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
1 (235).gif Well all, I know this is a little far in advance but it seems like a rare event may be unfolding because a number of outside the country people will all be in Cebu at the same time next year so I am starting early in case others may be able to join us and asking up front who else plans to be in Cebu in March and who would like to join us for an eye to eye and would any days or dates be better than another for a get together. I am thinking either a Friday or Saturday late afternoon and maybe in the middle of the month to allow for the most people who may be visiting Cebu but I am open to moving the day or date around to suit the most people in case some who live in Cebu may be out of town or some who are going to visit may have side trips in mind. I would like to maybe make a day of it and maybe some of you who live in Cebu can plan ahead to make sure you too will be there, and I sure do not wish to interfere with any other groups who may be having a get together that month and that I am not aware of. I know that is a lot of and's laugh.gifSeems that Boss Man Tom, Old55, Franklin who is a member of this forum but is not very active but will most likely be moving to Cebu at a later date, a friend of mine Jeff from Miami and his lovely wife Aida (a Filipina), possibly Bruce and of course myself and my lovely wife and I believe some others who do not live in Cebu City have mentioned being in Cebu at that time but my old-timers seems to be getting to me and I am drawing a blank at this time, so guys and gals, what days and date would be good for you all? who else is planning to be in Cebu in March and what day or date would be good for you? any suggestions on a venue that we can all enjoy? The Mooon Cafe worked out pretty good during the last events I set up earlier this year and because they have tables outside, that allows for the non smokers and the smokers to all be happy. So anybody??? Any suggestions??? Those people I mentioned are also welcome to chime in and let us know what dates might be good for them as well since I am sure you too might have other plans?
Well I vote for a Friday,late afternoon sounds good to me as I'm a night person. Venue hmm I guess it depends on how many will come.I suggested this once before to Lee but he did not think so but I like the idea of the Montebellow hotel poolside bar,its relaxing ,meals OK and not upper class as some might think. Smoking no problem as its out doors and also plenty of cover if hot or wet.Just an idea36_1_68[1].gif

Carl
Posted
Posted
1%20%28235%29.gif Well all, I know this is a little far in advance but it seems like a rare event may be unfolding because a number of outside the country people will all be in Cebu at the same time next year so I am starting early in case others may be able to join us and asking up front who else plans to be in Cebu in March and who would like to join us for an eye to eye and would any days or dates be better than another for a get together. I am thinking either a Friday or Saturday late afternoon and maybe in the middle of the month to allow for the most people who may be visiting Cebu but I am open to moving the day or date around to suit the most people in case some who live in Cebu may be out of town or some who are going to visit may have side trips in mind. I would like to maybe make a day of it and maybe some of you who live in Cebu can plan ahead to make sure you too will be there, and I sure do not wish to interfere with any other groups who may be having a get together that month and that I am not aware of. I know that is a lot of and's laugh.gifSeems that Boss Man Tom, Old55, Franklin who is a member of this forum but is not very active but will most likely be moving to Cebu at a later date, a friend of mine Jeff from Miami and his lovely wife Aida (a Filipina), possibly Bruce and of course myself and my lovely wife and I believe some others who do not live in Cebu City have mentioned being in Cebu at that time but my old-timers seems to be getting to me and I am drawing a blank at this time, so guys and gals, what days and date would be good for you all? who else is planning to be in Cebu in March and what day or date would be good for you? any suggestions on a venue that we can all enjoy? The Mooon Cafe worked out pretty good during the last events I set up earlier this year and because they have tables outside, that allows for the non smokers and the smokers to all be happy. So anybody??? Any suggestions??? Those people I mentioned are also welcome to chime in and let us know what dates might be good for them as well since I am sure you too might have other plans?
Well I vote for a Friday,late afternoon sounds good to me as I'm a night person. Venue hmm I guess it depends on how many will come.I suggested this once before to Lee but he did not think so but I like the idea of the Montebellow hotel poolside bar,its relaxing ,meals OK and not upper class as some might think. Smoking no problem as its out doors and also plenty of cover if hot or wet.Just an idea36_1_68%5B1%5D.gif
Count me inFriday or Saturday wont matter to me.i once stayed at the Montebelo hotel and it does have a nice pool area. My wife and i have not tried Moon cafe yet but heard some things about it,some good some not.Will be great to catch up with you guys.:cheersty:

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted (edited)
1%20%28235%29.gif Well all, I know this is a little far in advance but it seems like a rare event may be unfolding because a number of outside the country people will all be in Cebu at the same time next year so I am starting early in case others may be able to join us and asking up front who else plans to be in Cebu in March and who would like to join us for an eye to eye and would any days or dates be better than another for a get together. I am thinking either a Friday or Saturday late afternoon and maybe in the middle of the month to allow for the most people who may be visiting Cebu but I am open to moving the day or date around to suit the most people in case some who live in Cebu may be out of town or some who are going to visit may have side trips in mind. I would like to maybe make a day of it and maybe some of you who live in Cebu can plan ahead to make sure you too will be there, and I sure do not wish to interfere with any other groups who may be having a get together that month and that I am not aware of. I know that is a lot of and's laugh.gifSeems that Boss Man Tom, Old55, Franklin who is a member of this forum but is not very active but will most likely be moving to Cebu at a later date, a friend of mine Jeff from Miami and his lovely wife Aida (a Filipina), possibly Bruce and of course myself and my lovely wife and I believe some others who do not live in Cebu City have mentioned being in Cebu at that time but my old-timers seems to be getting to me and I am drawing a blank at this time, so guys and gals, what days and date would be good for you all? who else is planning to be in Cebu in March and what day or date would be good for you? any suggestions on a venue that we can all enjoy? The Mooon Cafe worked out pretty good during the last events I set up earlier this year and because they have tables outside, that allows for the non smokers and the smokers to all be happy. So anybody??? Any suggestions??? Those people I mentioned are also welcome to chime in and let us know what dates might be good for them as well since I am sure you too might have other plans?
Well I vote for a Friday,late afternoon sounds good to me as I'm a night person. Venue hmm I guess it depends on how many will come.I suggested this once before to Lee but he did not think so but I like the idea of the Montebellow hotel poolside bar,its relaxing ,meals OK and not upper class as some might think. Smoking no problem as its out doors and also plenty of cover if hot or wet.Just an idea36_1_68%5B1%5D.gif
Count me inFriday or Saturday wont matter to me.i once stayed at the Montebelo hotel and it does have a nice pool area. My wife and i have not tried Moon cafe yet but heard some things about it,some good some not.Will be great to catch up with you guys.:cheersty:
Thanks Carl and Tom for the suggestion, we will be looking forward to meeting you both in person. My wife and I have stayed at the Montebelo a few times and it is a nice place and might work out well for us, if there are not a lot of people in our group since the hotel usually has a lot of people in that area who are staying at that hotel. Earlier this year they were redoing the smaller pool area and I do not know what they did with that or if that is under cover now as well. I guess my wife and I can check it out once we get back to Cebu in February and see if they would take a group and by then we might have a better idea how many there might be of us. :thumbsup: Also, I or someone else will have to check out the drink and food prices to see if it would be reasonable but I have a feeling that it would cost a lot more than Mooon or another place not quite so upscale. As for Mooon Café, it is nothing special and some of the food is good and some of it just alright but the beer towers are great for the guys who like to drink beer and we usually fill up the whole outside area which is under cover and has paddle fans to keep the air moving, yet March is usually not that bad a month for heat most early evenings and late afternoons. OK guys and girls keep them coming and maybe as we get close we will have a better idea how many people would like to attend and a few ideas for a venue that most people would like to attend at. I still like Phat Thursdays in BTC which is owned by an American from California and was built by my friend Jon 3echo from this forum, but I do not know if they are still open or will be open by then.I think I also remember that volstateguy will be in Cebu then too?? Edited by Mr. Lee

Steve
Posted
Posted

Donna and I might be there for the end of February through the first week of March. I'll keep this in mind.

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
Donna and I might be there for the end of February through the first week of March. I'll keep this in mind.
Well be sure to let us know when you know and we will try to adjust so you both can be there and say hello. It would be great to see you both again :cheersty: and I am sure you and Tom would have a lot to discuss about forums, etc.

Mik
Posted
Posted (edited)

Mooon and Phat Thursdays are both good choices. Mooon is in the fresh air but you can shoot pool at Phat Thursdays.The date March 2010 really threw me. I've been sipping Hennessy this afternoon. I had to look over at my calendar to reorient myself..

Edited by M.Morey

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
I will arrive on the 5th of March,maybe we will miss sad.gif

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

My

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
I will arrive on the 5th of March,maybe we will miss sad.gif
My