Visit no 3 begins

RBM
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, bastonjock said:

Lol they have been on the videoke since about 7am this morning 

This is goimg to tske some getting used to 

Doubt you shall ever get used to it unless you fill up on the scotch.....

Best of luck Barangay life is not for everyone.

• Like 1

bastonjock
Posted
Posted
11 minutes ago, RBM said:

Doubt you shall ever get used to it unless you fill up on the scotch.....

Best of luck Barangay life is not for everyone.

Thats one f reasons ive chosen to live i the sticks,the noise can be a bit irritating in the barangay 

bastonjock
Posted
Posted

I had another first today, i drove into town , i bought a little suzuki pick up to move materials and stuff for the farm ,well i got to drive it , yes my knees were on the dashboard and the gear stick moves around like no other ive known , at least the hand brakeworks and it has no aircon lol ,it take the word rattle to a diffrrent level 

• Like 1

Gary D
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, bastonjock said:

I had another first today, i drove into town , i bought a little suzuki pick up to move materials and stuff for the farm ,well i got to drive it , yes my knees were on the dashboard and the gear stick moves around like no other ive known , at least the hand brakeworks and it has no aircon lol ,it take the word rattle to a diffrrent level 

It's got a handbrake, must be the delux model.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

A good shout keeping away from the main Barangay.  I'm up a hill a good few hundred metres from a tiny Filipino community and they can start videoke before 6am.  No cockerels but there are a few dogs about, all well fed fortunately but they sometimes join in with the chorus.  

Once you're here full time I'd recommend getting a couple of decent sized dogs for company and security.  Entertainment in the sticks can be limited and even cable TV unless you splash decent money on the internet if it's available is dire.

It certainly looks like you're not hanging about getting your plans in place.  Keep up the good work. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

bastonjock
Posted
Posted

Another new experience this morning 

15433609209853646564332288860939.jpg

• Like 3

RBM
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, bastonjock said:

Another new experience this morning 

15433609209853646564332288860939.jpg

Who Paid? 

• Haha 2

bastonjock
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, RBM said:

Who Paid? 

Do I really need to answer that lol ,buying the pig was the cheap part, I think i blew around 25k on the house warming  we had around 100 turn up

RBM
Posted
Posted

Ah house warming, I see, try as I may there does not seem to be a father in site for the blessing, perhaps this will enable you to treat them all again in house blessing.....

• Haha 1

bastonjock
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, RBM said:

Ah house warming, I see, try as I may there does not seem to be a father in site for the blessing, perhaps this will enable you to treat them all again in house blessing.....

We had about 4 pastors attend ,gfs mum is a pastor and her uncle is the local bishop  , it was a different kind of experience, the pig tasted good and the workers who built the house and stuff are still scoffing the booze 

• Like 2