Seniors discounts and perks for Filipinos

Recommended Posts

Posted

This is not for Expats but I bet many seniors here dont know what their entitled too. Maybe you know someone who could use this info.

https://www.moneymax.ph/blog/senior-citizen-discount-philippines

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted
9 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

This is not for Expats but I bet many seniors here dont know what their entitled too. Maybe you know someone who could use this info.

https://www.moneymax.ph/blog/senior-citizen-discount-philippines

I knew about some of them but the others will come in very handy.LOL when I reach that age.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted
11 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

This is not for Expats but I bet many seniors here dont know what their entitled too. Maybe you know someone who could use this info.

https://www.moneymax.ph/blog/senior-citizen-discount-philippines

Those are some pretty nice discounts.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted
3 hours ago, sonjack2847 said:

I knew about some of them but the others will come in very handy.LOL when I reach that age.

Are you Filipino ? :smile:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted
59 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Are you Filipino ? :smile:

Not at the moment.My US friend gets some discounts on the list.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted
15 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

This is not for Expats but I bet many seniors here dont know what their entitled too. Maybe you know someone who could use this info.

https://www.moneymax.ph/blog/senior-citizen-discount-philippines

I'm not at that age yet JGF, but I have a few expat friends that have the senior card and get the discounts. They are my favorite people to go to restaurants with!:smile:

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted
18 minutes ago, Howard said:

I'm not at that age yet JGF, but I have a few expat friends that have the senior card and get the discounts. They are my favorite people to go to restaurants with!:smile:

According to many previous discussions here on the forum, a foreigner can't legally have a senior discount card and could be prosecuted for using one.

I'm not sure what the rules are for companions at a resto, etc.  Last week a senior lady pushed her way to the front at KFC and insisted the supervisor take her order, which he did.  Then some non-seniors with her pushed in with their orders, which she got for them at a discount.  It was very crowded and I never even go to the front of the line before she completed her 10 minutes of transactions.

However, possible good news in another topic!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted
27 minutes ago, Howard said:

I'm not at that age yet JGF, but I have a few expat friends that have the senior card and get the discounts. They are my favorite people to go to restaurants with!:smile:

It looks like it was only May of this year the bill was passed for aliens to avail the discounts.

https://www.senate.gov.ph/lisdata/112729581!.pdf

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted
1 hour ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

It looks like it was only May of this year the bill was passed for aliens to avail the discounts.

https://www.senate.gov.ph/lisdata/112729581!.pdf

Wow!  This is huge for many of us!  I will search around for further confirmation and share!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted

I wonder how many shops will actually do this?

 

And how many shop staff will just say "that's not for foreigners"...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...