A Hit Job In Subic Bay!

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Just hours ago there was a hit carried out in front of the Lighthouse Hotel here in Subic Bay.  Details a sketchy at this time but I am following a few local news sources on FB.  It should be in all the papers tomorrow.

"DOMINIC SYTIN, Founder & CEO of United Auctioneers Inc at Subic Bay Freeport Zone was killed by 2 men in a motorcycle in front of the Light House Marina Resort and Hotel, this night."

Someone was wounded too.  This guy is big money and I think big family money too.  I would be surprised if he did not have bodyguards.

This hits close to home.  I take my family right to that area to park when we go for walks on the boardwalk.  I was picking my daughter up at the mall around 18:30 an saw some police cars with sirens and lights blazing, very unusual here.  Since the Freeport is gated, they should have been able to shut it down.  The closest gate is the one going to Baretto and they could have been there in less than 60 seconds

The last time something like this happened was when the Aussie owner of the Blue Rock was hit about 4-5 years ago.  This guy is Filipino but I guess he pissed someone off one to many times.

• Like 2
  • Sad 5

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

He did have a bodyguard who is in the hospital in critical condition.

ABS-CBN story:

https://news.abs-cbn.com/news/11/28/18/businessman-shot-dead-in-subic-bay

Statement from SBMA.  She said she locked down the gates but as I said before, they were less than 60 second from a gate so they were long gone.

Statement Condemning the Nov. 28 Killing at Subic Bay Freeport

The Subic Bay Metropolitan Authority condemns in the strongest possible term what is apparently a targeted assassination of a business locator in the Subic Bay Freeport Zone.

This is sad news for us, not only because a prominent businessman who has been a very active member of the Subic Freeport community has fallen prey to violence, but also because one life has been snuffed out just like that.

We condole with the family of the victim and pray with them that the perpetrators of this dastardly crime be identified at the soonest possible time so that justice can be served.

At the moment, the SBMA is working with the Philippine National Police and other investigating units to flush out the killers. I have ordered at 7:28 p.m. a lockdown at all the Freeport gates as soon as I heard the sad news. I have also directed the SBMA SWAT team to double security at the gates and to thoroughly examine each person and every vehicle prior to their exit.

In this light, we ask for the cooperation of the public as we impose strict security measures in the Subic Bay Freeport, and urge any person with information to help authorities solve this crime.

WILMA T. EISMA
SBMA Chairman and Administrator
November 28, 2018

intrepid
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

In this light, we ask for the cooperation of the public as we impose strict security measures in the Subic Bay Freeport,

So what are the strict security measures?:89:

• Haha 1

Jake
Posted
Posted
14 minutes ago, intrepid said:

As you may well know, it could possibly mean policing the police force?  Or it could be military moonlighting as goons for hire.  Jungle rules apply here and justice may be a bullet against the temple of the gunman in order to hide the mastermind.  

A case in point.....the "salvage" (assassination) of formal senator Aquino upon arrival back to PI.  In broad daylight in a secured area of the tarmac.  As far as I know, the mastermind is still at large, hiding in plain sight.  

Respectfully Jake 

• Like 3

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, intrepid said:

You got me.  I see nothing.

What could have been done to prevent this?  Obviously somebody knew where he would be and planned this.  We have hundreds if not thousands of motorcycles going in and out of the freeport everyday.  What will be done?  Make them get off and pat them down?

• Like 1

Ram1957
Posted
Posted
16 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

You got me.  I see nothing.

What could have been done to prevent this?  Obviously somebody knew where he would be and planned this.  We have hundreds if not thousands of motorcycles going in and out of the freeport everyday.  What will be done?  Make them get off and pat them down?

This is "their" cure for these types of incidents. They didn't consider that most motorcycles used for this purpose don't have plates on them. What will be done, nothing. This type of assassination has been going on here for decades and as long as they want someone dead they will continue to use this method. Very rare to catch the criminals doing this, that's why they continue doing it.

http://www.manilastandard.net/news/national/281335/bigger-license-plates-for-motorbikes-okd.html

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, intrepid said:

The touch your back while passing through the scanner :smile:

• Haha 4

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

About the only silver lining about hits here is that they usually hit who they are aiming at. Unlike in the states where they use UZI's and just spray the area and innocent folks get killed also.

• Like 4

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Here is the latest...

There was only 1 guy on a motorbike.

https://news.abs-cbn.com/news/11/30/18/p1-million-reward-offered-for-arrest-of-subic-businessmans-killer?fbclid=IwAR1kiRN0dFiRjtHH2M7Qxjc3GaNiEnIk08N4KZ05HQ4cWMuiCJbxLp5JxNs

This news story show the CCTV footage of him falling after the first shot to the head then the gunmen puts a few more into his head.  It is not super graphic but view at your own risk.

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, OnMyWay said:

Here is the latest...

There was only 1 guy on a motorbike.

https://news.abs-cbn.com/news/11/30/18/p1-million-reward-offered-for-arrest-of-subic-businessmans-killer?fbclid=IwAR1kiRN0dFiRjtHH2M7Qxjc3GaNiEnIk08N4KZ05HQ4cWMuiCJbxLp5JxNs

This news story show the CCTV footage of him falling after the first shot to the head then the gunmen puts a few more into his head.  It is not super graphic but view at your own risk.

Not much of a professional if he put the motorbike nose into the kerb. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1