cebu city, recommendations?

usa32
Posted
Posted

First time visit to Cebu city.

Any recommendations on a hotel?

Location is more important, than finding the cheapest place.

Thank you

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Quest Hotel. Across the street from Ayala Mall.

Water Front Cebu City. Near to IT park.

Or if you’re looking for a condo short time rental I know a reliable person.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, usa32 said:

Location is more important, than finding the cheapest place

Because of the traffic in Cebu, location is much more important. You are correct.  But close to what?  Cebu is big.

• Like 1

marine6357
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Because of the traffic in Cebu, location is much more important. You are correct.  But close to what?  Cebu is big.

Dave is correct What are you wanting to do while there is the key thing. On my first visit to there I stayed near Osmena Circle and would probably stay there again. Was convenient for me and the price was not bad. Let me know if you want the hotel I stayed at or just look at my previous post about my trip. 

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

If you want a hotel close to Ayala mall I would recommend the Mandarin Plaza.  Very short walk, nice rooms, reasonable rates, pool, good breakfast buffet included in price.  Never a problem to get a taxi if you want to go somewhere else in the city.  This is usually where we stay when we go need to go to the city.

• Like 1

usa32
Posted
Posted
On 11/28/2018 at 6:16 PM, Dave Hounddriver said:

Hi Dave. I am coming there to meet a few ladies. Ideally I'd like to be near the mall. I am unsure of my plans above and beyond that as I do not know what there is.

usa32
Posted
Posted
On 11/29/2018 at 5:47 PM, Mike J said:

If you want a hotel close to Ayala mall I would recommend the Mandarin Plaza.  Very short walk, nice rooms, reasonable rates, pool, good breakfast buffet included in price.  Never a problem to get a taxi if you want to go somewhere else in the city.  This is usually where we stay when we go need to go to the city.

Thank you

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, usa32 said:

Ideally I'd like to be near the mall.

There are more malls than I can count in Cebu.  Ayala is the most expensive so if you want to spend/impress a lady by spending in the mall then that works.  Personally, I would want to be closer to SM Mall or Robinson's Galleria.

Since the price is not an issue for you then any of the nice places near Ayala are good.  If the price is not an issue for a hotel but you don't want to spend foreign prices for mall items then I would suggest the Radisson at SM Mall.  It will cost you a fortune for the hotel but it is right at SM Mall and just down the street from Robinson's Galleria, the North Bus terminal and all the ferry terminals, which will be important if girls are traveling to Cebu to meet you.  You can take them shopping without spending Ayala prices, and you WILL take them shopping.  It's what they want to do.

If you want to meet "easy" girls and you have nothing lined up then you want to be downtown near Fuentes Circle.  Robinson's Mall is there too.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, usa32 said:

Hi Dave. I am coming there to meet a few ladies. Ideally I'd like to be near the mall. I am unsure of my plans above and beyond that as I do not know what there is.

IT Park is not far from Ayala. Clean place and you can rent a condo for the time you are here or there are a couple of hotels. 

RBM
Posted
Posted
23 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

If you want to meet "easy" girls and you have nothing lined up then you want to be downtown near Fuentes Circle.  Robinson's Mall is there too.

What is easy girls Dave?