puerto princsea/el nido

usa32
Posted
Posted

First time visit to puerto princsea, and el nido.

Any recommendations on hotels?

Location/amenities, more important than the cheapest.

Thank you

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

Two years ago we stayed at "The Nest".  Loved it.  Great rooms, nice pool, very clean and quiet, excellent restaurant.  Suggestion - if you want to go island hopping you are much better off to rent the entire banka rather than go with 6-8 other people.  You will see more and you will not be quite so tied up with all the other boats.

• Like 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

I stay at the Sunlight Guest Hotel.  Walking distance to bars and restaurants. Kau lui is the best followed my Kinabuch.  Tiki Bar for live music and billiards.  Go after 9pm when it gets busy. 

earthdome
Posted
Posted
29 minutes ago, Snowy79 said:

I stay at the Sunlight Guest Hotel.  Walking distance to bars and restaurants. Kau lui is the best followed my Kinabuch.  Tiki Bar for live music and billiards.  Go after 9pm when it gets busy. 

I second the Tiki Bar. There was a good cover band from Manila playing there when we visited.

earthdome
Posted
Posted

We stayed at a new hotel 5 years ago called Celia. Reasonable rates and breakfast. Out on the edge a bit so the staff cal l you a trike. They also can arrange other tours like to the Underground River.

• 7 months later...
Nickleback99
Posted
Posted

I’m late to this one, but my input...2017 we stayed at Lally  and Abet Beach Resort at end of main drag in town on the bay. Nice rooms and decent veranda upstairs type restaurant for breakfast since we ate out dinners in town.  If ya have money to spare, Ayala(?) built a really nice resort on private beach just north of town.  Another note though is we were there also 2009 and was pristine and not Too crowded, but fast forward to 2017 and the town has far outgrown the “sewer system “ that is really sewage into the bay. We swam in clean bay water ‘09, but I dreaded wading in gray green murk to the boat in ‘17.  Like so many things there, no forethought and run it into the ground.  I expect someday it’ll have shut down for a bit like Boracay.  

• Like 1