License Plates.

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted

About 10 years ago I bought a used 1994 Honda Accord. Paid all the fees at the LTO. Paid for the newer license plate about 5 years ago. Sold it to my brother in law when I bought a brand new Chevy Sail in 2016. My brother in law is still waiting for the new plates for his car...and I'm waiting for the plates for my NEW car. 

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Arizona Kid said:

About 10 years ago I bought a used 1994 Honda Accord. Paid all the fees at the LTO. Paid for the newer license plate about 5 years ago. Sold it to my brother in law when I bought a brand new Chevy Sail in 2016. My brother in law is still waiting for the new plates for his car...and I'm waiting for the plates for my NEW car. 

I am still waiting after 2 years.I seem to remember reading that the plates were held up because of import tax.Why they cant make them here is beyond me as you can get a temporary plate made on almost every street corner.

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
21 hours ago, sonjack2847 said:

I am still waiting after 2 years.I seem to remember reading that the plates were held up because of import tax.Why they cant make them here is beyond me as you can get a temporary plate made on almost every street corner.

I've come to the conclusion that the only reason people here want to keep the LTO registration current is so when they go to sell the car , the new buyer won't have a hassle. No police cars to pull over registration violations. The "traffic enforcers" only look for "swerving" or counterflow violations.

But that's only an observation after 16 years of living here so it might not be true. <sarc>

• Like 1