Pear shaped ham

hk blues
Posted
Posted

I have bough both PureFoods and CDO versions - the Purefoods version is better IMO.  They were not frozen and already defrosted when we bought and are sold from the shelf in supermarkets rather than the freezer section.

• Thanks 1

Howard
Posted
Posted
53 minutes ago, Eddie1 said:

I believe these Ham's are bought frozen?  Do they just need to be thawed and then eaten or do they require cooking?

The couple of times we got them they were not frozen. I think they are precooked and they are presliced too. We don't have an oven so one time I wrapped it in aluminum foil and heated it up on the grill so it was hot. We usually have some left over so the wife fries it up with some eggs. Very good ham in my opinion.

• Thanks 1

roddavis
Posted
Posted
18 hours ago, bastonjock said:

Does anyone know how to make ham .?

The rough plan is to have a few pigs here and hopefully I can do ham and bacon perhaps sausages 

I make my own ham here in Cebu. Just need plastic container that the ham and brine fits in then let brine work for a week in the fridge. Bake and you have the best ham in town! Google make ham! Spice to your liking(cloves, mustard seed, fennel etc..) easy peezey! Just go to the market a pick out a fresh front or back leg the size you prefer. Buy a half kilo salt and your spices. Put in a plastic container with water. Takes a day in brine per lb!:56da64a571a25_7_4_171:

• Like 1
  • Love it 1

Gator
Posted
Posted
On 12/2/2018 at 10:37 AM, Jollygoodfellow said:

Has anyone ever tried this. Seems cheap so probably cheap and nasty? 

2018-12-02_233545.jpg

IMHO overly salty and too sweet. Pinay’s like it fried with eggs and rice. I couldn’t pallet it. 

It’s basically a slurry with thickeners added, poured into a mold and chilled to harden. Not a real ham. 

• Like 1