Bringing DVDs and player

Gentleman.Jack.Darby
Posted
Posted
12 minutes ago, Tukaram (Tim) said:

Sounds like your VPN is not set up right.  When I view my Netflix list, signed in from the PIs, the list is woefully short.  I VPN to the US and my full list shows up.  The movie offering here in the PIs is extremely limited.  Netflix, using the VPN, should show you the full US list, if it is working correctly.

I'm using a VPN service (PureVPN) so there really isn't anything to configure.

It's based in Hong Kong and is one of the larger, more privacy-focused services (at least as far as their stated policy goes), has been around for a long time and is very stable, so I'm guessing that stability has allowed a 'cat' (Netflix) that doesn't like 'mice' (VPNs) to catch one. I do seem to recall that PureVPN has a connection for Netflix use, but I haven't tried it since I'm in the States and don't need it for Netflix.

I use the VPN because there are still some sites out there that don't use 'https' connections and for when I want a bit of privacy.

I've been looking into and considering rolling my own VPN server for use down the road when I'll really need it.   

• Like 1

Gentleman.Jack.Darby
Posted
Posted
46 minutes ago, Tukaram (Tim) said:

Sounds like your VPN is not set up right.  When I view my Netflix list, signed in from the PIs, the list is woefully short.  I VPN to the US and my full list shows up.  The movie offering here in the PIs is extremely limited.  Netflix, using the VPN, should show you the full US list, if it is working correctly.

I just tinkered with my VPN configuration and I'm seeing everything in my Netflix and Vudu queues so all's good

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
On 12/8/2018 at 8:57 AM, Gentleman.Jack.Darby said:

I'm using a VPN service (PureVPN) so there really isn't anything to configure.

On 12/8/2018 at 9:08 AM, Gentleman.Jack.Darby said:

I just tinkered with my VPN configuration and I'm seeing everything in my Netflix and Vudu queues so all's good

I find it a rare thing, on this forum, for members to actually, listen, learn, react and succeed.  Congrats for sharing how advice from this forum helped you :thumbsup:  You live up to the "Gentleman" in your moniker.

• Like 1
  • Love it 1

Gentleman.Jack.Darby
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

I find it a rare thing, on this forum, for members to actually, listen, learn, react and succeed.  Congrats for sharing how advice from this forum helped you :thumbsup:  You live up to the "Gentleman" in your moniker.

Thanks for the kind words; I appreciate it

• Like 2