Salaries for Helpers

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

In the area where I am this has  raised it's head a few times. On average 6k with Phil health and SS payments living in with one day per week off is a good wage.  A few locals try to push for more until they are reminded average wages are about 300 peso per day without accomodation, food etc. Some locals pay about 3.5k. 

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, JJReyes said:

Do you also provide SSS, medical care, uniforms and the 13th month pay? 

13 month pay, yes we do. Uniforms???? :hystery: same uniform I wear, shorts and a tee shirt, SSS and Phil health? I believe my wife made an agreement with them. They get paid above the average wage and they can use the money to pay SSS and Phil health...or not. 

You know JJ I think I know the type of maid you are referring to. English speaking, younger and with some education. I see them all the time at S and R and other places. The type the upper classes would employ, I can see how most of these young ladies would seek employment abroad. It just doesn't apply in my case. The only English our maid speaks is what they pick up on the television. 

graham59
Posted
Posted

Before we married, my wife (and her sister and several friends still do) worked as a live-in maid with a rich old lady in Merville, which is a nice upmarket gated subdivision in Manila . (near NAIA). I believe the'Nomads' rugby team are based at the sports club there. There are also a couple of beautiful swimming pools on-site.  So, ok, you get the idea. 

Going rate for live-in maids there is 4-6000 pesos a month , food and bed included of course. 

• Like 1

fillipino_wannabe
Posted
Posted

Not heard of anyone paying 20k, not even heard of anyone paying 6k lol. 2-4k in my area.

• Like 2

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

JJR is talking about a completely different class of employer and employee than most of us are used to.  It is not really apples to apples.  People who can afford homes there would have much higher requirements and would not be hiring just anybody from the province.

Here is a list of homes for sale in that village:

Other available properties in Magallanes Village:

Thanks for the information on Magallanes Village.  Two sisters have homes in this village.  I can tease them how rich they are while my wife and I are homeless.  A third sister had a home in Dasmarinas Village which they sold a few years ago.  Never knew village prices have gone up that high.

I believe San Lorenzo was the first village developed by the Ayala Corporation.  My uncle had purchase over 1,200 square meters for his home and to build a nursery school.  He tried convincing my father to also purchase.  The original price was something like P6 per sqm.  It was already up to P14 per sqm.  No way was my father purchasing a property at an exorbitant price.  Of course, this was about 50 years ago.

Our older son attended the pre-school as a "scholar" (a relative who does not pay tuition).  There were so many Japanese executives renting homes at the time that everyone reversed the name.  Instead of "San Lorenzo" the name became "Lorenzo San" which was a good one.

bastonjock
Posted
Posted

Im payingna caretaker on my bit of jungle 5k a month , he also gets a free house and a patch to grow veg