Thinking of Bicol

Onemore52
Posted
Posted
11 minutes ago, Peaceful John said:

OneMore.....sorry this is a bit of a tangent.......but are you aware of anyplace in the RP where one can get a Belgian Malinois?

Hello John, yes me.

How do I contact you to discuss this further please, hoping not to incur the wrath of the moderators.

Peaceful John
Posted
Posted (edited)

OneMore.....email is .  Thanks

Edited by Jollygoodfellow
Use personal messenger

Onemore52
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, Peaceful John said:

OneMore.....email is.  Thanks

Look for reply from miknam

Onemore52
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, bastonjock said:

Are the Belgian malinos easy to train as guard dogs ?

Yes, they are easy to train but by a professional and that will depend on what level of training you want them to go to, with us there are too  many children around the area so we didn't want them too aggressive, by nature they are very territorial and they let us know when there is anyone around, unlike the native askals which bark at the wind.

Once again being new to the Philippines when we bought the dog we were unaware of the pitfalls of buying something from a Phillipina, so when we started looking for a dog breeder to buy a dog little did I know that I was just funding his retirement and or supporting his family for the next 10 years.

Having bought the dog as a puppy with all the papers with official stamp and the lineage of the puppy shown, little did I know it was a con until the dog started getting older and showing it was a cross between a Belgian Malinois and a Rottweiler, but having said that the Rottweiler in it has rewarded us in that it is a very clever dog.

To go further the second dog we bought is a cross between a Dutch Shepherd and a Belgian Malinois, which was acquired for a good price and a reputable person, the local parish priest, whether that is a good thing or not is open to discussion.

The third dog is a pure Belgian Malinois, where we sited the dame and the sire, and after 12 months is showing to have all the qualities of a Belgian.

So I reckon the cross bred dogs are a better choice and that buying anything and I mean anything from someone here is the Caveat Emptor ten times over, beware, beware of everyone.

I am selling shares in the Sydney Harbour Bridge, anyone interested?

bastonjock
Posted
Posted

I've seen an advert for Belgian malinos in the Phil's,  I  sure it was on Samal Island . I've only ever trained my dogs to sit ,fetch etc , the best guard dog I ever had was a cross between a lab and a curly coat retriever, he was a soft as poo with kids , but if you were what he perceived to be threatening to my daughter ,he got all aggressive