Throw Away Ticket with ACR card

Peaceful John
Posted
Posted

Hi All!  Question for someone who might have experienced this......  I live in the RP and had to return to the states briefly for a few weeks.  I'm returning next week and I got to wondering........I have my ACR card and I received my clearance letter to depart (after being in country for over 6 months) no problem or issues.  The Question.......do I still need a throw away ticket when I return or will my ACR card suffice?  Please advise if you can.  Thanks

JW

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

Depends on your immigration status.  If you are on a tourist visa you will need an exit ticket. The tourist visa starts anew with your new entrance.  If you are on a 13a you do not need an exit ticket as you are a resident.

I just got back from a US vacation and since I am on a 13a I did not buy a throwaway ticket. All my prior trips were either on BB stamp or tourist visa and I needed an exit ticket (I have heard on a BB stamp you do not need one - but in my experience I did). 

• Like 5

frosty (chris)
Posted
Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Peaceful John said:

Hi All!  Question for someone who might have experienced this......  I live in the RP and had to return to the states briefly for a few weeks.  I'm returning next week and I got to wondering........I have my ACR card and I received my clearance letter to depart (after being in country for over 6 months) no problem or issues.  The Question.......do I still need a throw away ticket when I return or will my ACR card suffice?  Please advise if you can.  Thanks

JW

Hi PJ, just came back from Aus last week, same as you, when I returned needed a throw away ticket, Air Asia had Cebu to Macau 1240 Pesos one way, they try to up the price with all there add ons but you just negate them and that's the price. With your ACR card makes nil difference, on the new immigration entry forms they ask your number but aren't interested when you show the card. A point of interest, not sure how old you are but when you come into the immigration area at Mactan on the left are 2 seperate booths, they take Senior Citizens, when I came through was the only person there, good luck.

P.S This was just my experience, yours could be completely different

Edited by frosty (chris)
add on

Peaceful John
Posted
Posted

Thanks my friend.  You answered my question.  And yes, I'll take the senior citizens booth.  Thanks again.

JW

Peaceful John
Posted
Posted

Thanks Tim, great info.  I'm not 13a yet so your info is golden,  Thanks for responding.

JW

Gary D
Posted
Posted

You may be ok but don't be surprised if you are turned away, the booth is for senior citizens, you are not  citizen.

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Gary D said:

You may be ok but don't be surprised if you are turned away, the booth is for senior citizens, you are not  citizen.

My experience over five years is that you can always avail of the senior citizen benefits that DO NOT involve a discount.  One of the things I love about the Philippine people is that way they respect the elderly.  Respect for the elderly seems to be based on age and not citizenship when it comes to courtesy and helpfulness.  Just my opinion of course.

hk blues
Posted
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Gary D said:

Isn't the term more generic i.e. based on age rather than actual citizenship?  I cannot imagine any 85 year-old American from the US being ejected from the senior citizen line in Jollibee!  

Edited by hk blues

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
57 minutes ago, hk blues said:

Isn't the term more generic i.e. based on age rather than actual citizenship?  I cannot imagine any 85 year-old American from the US being ejected from the senior citizen line in Jollibee!  

I avoid 'senior citizen' lines now, after a couple of unpleasant encounters with angry 'senior citizens' (once even when the staff member said he invited me in).  It's not worth the agro IMO.

Peaceful John
Posted
Posted

Actually I am Gary D and I glady use the senior lines for bill pay, pharmacy, etc......