Very sick wife, no it was a scam

bigmac
Posted
Posted

OK. I looked at his facebook page. Several negative posts about him.

bigmac
Posted
Posted

Thanks for all your efforts. I will pass the info to my wife and have her contact all of these.

earthdome
Posted
Posted

I did a quick search and found that B12 self injections cost $10-$20 each in the US, if you visit a nurse to do the injection it might cost $75 in the US. Have you verified the costs for this? $70 each in the Philippines ($500/wk) sounds very expensive. Perhaps the health care staff are charging you extra, what is often called the long nose or kano tax.

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
49 minutes ago, earthdome said:

I did a quick search and found that B12 self injections cost $10-$20 each in the US, if you visit a nurse to do the injection it might cost $75 in the US. Have you verified the costs for this? $70 each in the Philippines ($500/wk) sounds very expensive. Perhaps the health care staff are charging you extra, what is often called the long nose or kano tax.

Or something else. 🤔

• Like 2

bigmac
Posted
Posted

SHE IS TAKING VERY HIGH DOSAGE. NO, I PERSONALLY HAVE NOT VERIFIED THE COSTS. I CAN ONLY TAKE HER WORD FOR IT. Sorry, just realized I was typing in caps.

She is giving the injections to herself. They taught her how to do that. Even at $70 x 7 days= $490.00. Yes, it is extremely expensive.

Snowy79
Posted
Posted (edited)

Sorry to hear about your wives condition.  Not wishing to sound negative but were you in attendance when your wife was diagnosed? I'm saying this as someone who has encountered a few cases of phantom illnesses.

I used to joke that I must be  jinx as every girl I talk to falls ill within a few days and suddenly requires money.  Once I pretend I have a real good friend inside Phil health who can ensure they get free treatment as long as I can get the name of the doctor or hospital she is in suddenly the texts stop for a few days before they are miraculously cured.  

I know it's your wife but again I'm into double figures the friends and aquaintencies that have been screwed over by a wife or fiance. 

B12 is stored in the body and can take over 3yrs to be fully processed.  Usual treatment starts with a daily injection, usually 2.4micro g for a month which should bring B12 levels back to normal.  Something just sounds too dodgy to me.  

I would explain to her that you need all the details and explain you have friends here who may be able to help.  Even go as far to suggest you will have someone accompany her.  

My appologies if I'm wrong but I've seen it too often to rule out a con artist.  

1000 micro gram injections can be bought for 1.5k peso. 

Edited by Snowy79
  • Like 5

hk blues
Posted
Posted

Very sad that we are in a time where people in need of help are mistrusted - but it's where we are at nowadays.  Too many of us have had personal experience of cons, or at least have knowledge of someone around us who has.  

I hope your wife gets what she needs.

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
13 minutes ago, Snowy79 said:

I think you had the courage to post what some of us also see as a possibility.   The numbers do not seem to be realistic.

• Like 4

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Snowy79 said:

@bigmac

To elevate any problems bad thoughts or whatever, I would want to see a copy of the Prescription ( I presume this medication is on Script only?)

Mick
Posted
Posted

I'm with most of the posts above. But Surely you need to be on a plane and back here ASAP to ensure the best care possible, and explore every avenue ..... 

• Like 3

• Jollygoodfellow changed the title to Very sick wife, no it was a scam
  • Jollygoodfellow locked this topic