Very sick wife, no it was a scam

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, hk blues said:

Very sad that we are in a time where people in need of help are mistrusted - but it's where we are at nowadays.  Too many of us have had personal experience of cons, or at least have knowledge of someone around us who has.  

I hope your wife gets what she needs.

Not just a time where we miss trust people in need of help but predominantly a location and culture.

I've lived in about 7 countries for reasonable amounts of time and out of the thousands of people I've met very few that have had medical emergencies.  A few deaths but that's about it. 

Since arriving in the Philippines I'm into double figures and experienced two friends conned out of their money. I could hand on heart say everyone of my friends here can name a few. Almost all have been conned for small sums.  Me included, however as I was handing over 2k peso I was telling myself goodbye money. 

Very few were conned by friends of close family members, almost all have been conned by wives, fiances and girlfriends. 

• Like 2

hk blues
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

Very few were conned by friends of close family members, almost all have been conned by wives, fiances and girlfriends. 

This surprises me greatly. :whistling:

• Haha 1

fillipino_wannabe
Posted
Posted (edited)

Either you're trying to rip us off or she's ripping you off. B12 injections don't cost anywhere near that much.

Or you could just buy a big bottle of pills for like $5, most studies show that they work just as well as injections, just need to take a higher dose. $500 a week for a vitamin lol fuks sake, you can buy a lifetimes worth for that.

Edited by fillipino_wannabe
  • Like 2

hk blues
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, fillipino_wannabe said:

Either you're trying to rip us off or she's ripping you off.

That's what I call getting to the point!  

• Like 2

bigmac
Posted
Posted

I would never believe that she is trying to rip me off and, I am certainly not going to sit here and write all the things I have written to rip anyone else off! If that is what you believe, you are entitled to your belief. However,  it is your loss.

Her mother goes with her to treatments and is the one who gave me the heads up when she was first needing a blood Dr. Closest one: Manila. I flew her to St Lukes where she was diagnosed. Philhealth DID PAY FOR two extremely expensive treatments of rituxan for the non hodgkins lymphoma. One in Manila and then two weeks later at the hospital on her island. Thing is, the lymphoma seems pretty much under control. The pernicious anemia is what is taking its toll on her.

I have been there with her 2X and spent a considerable amount of time with her both times before she became ill. I too, am familiar with the potential scams as I have thwarted more than one before I met my wife. 

Perhaps I should have stayed out of this group. I was hoping by joining the group that there may be someone who could guide us or point out what we needed to do. However, the negativity is no help at all and in fact, is quite depressing.

Having said that, there has been a couple who have tried to help and to those, my heartfelt thanks.

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

I appologise for coming across a bit rude but unfortunately there are a lot of good/bad examples of guys being ripped off by their wife and her family especially if they are not living in the same country. 

As a general point there is some great advice and experienced guys on this site. If you had started by explaining that you had accompanied your wife to the diagnosis etc it wouldn't have set any alarm bells off. That said the cost of injections still appears way too high. 

I wish you all the luck in the future and hope your wife gets the treatments she needs. I appologise again. 

• Like 1

bigmac
Posted
Posted

Sorry for the misunderstanding. However, I DID NOT accompany her to Manila (St Lukes) I bought the flight tickets for her to go. (There is no blood Dr on Camiguin) That is when we got the diagnosis of non-Hodgkin's and, her first treatment of rituxan which was transfused into her blood over a period of about 6 hours. If there is anyone in the group who is near or living on Camiguin, I would be most happy for someone to go and meet with her. Perhaps a wife of someone? If that were to come to pass, I will supply any info needed.

I do not believe there is any wrong doing but, I would welcome the chance to find out.

Gary D
Posted
Posted

I think the first people I would be mistrusting would be the doctors.

bigmac
Posted
Posted

I certainly agree with you.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
58 minutes ago, bigmac said:

I certainly agree with you.

First I am going to offer advice which you can take or leave it. Simple one is to quote who you are replying to as it makes it easier to read the thread. 

Anyway to gain donations in places like your Facebook fundraisers you need to give info, pictures, receipts and updates on what is going on because most people wont give to something with no info because anyone can put up a story for donations. I certainly am not saying that is the case but to get anywhere you have to tell the world and plead your case.

If she and you really need help then you have to convince others that the cause is real.

I think from your first post I was suspicious and I removed your link so how many others will be thinking the same as there is no evidence to prove your cause.

Work on it is the only thing I can say and dont take that as negative and I do hope you and your wife find a way to get through this hardship and she recovers or is as stable as possible. 

:thumbsup:

• Like 1

• Jollygoodfellow changed the title to Very sick wife, no it was a scam
  • Jollygoodfellow locked this topic