Very sick wife, no it was a scam

bigmac
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, Peaceful John said:

MAC.......Thanks for sharing part of your life with us, even as painful as it must be for you.  I know personally it will be hard for you to completely move on until you know there's a wooden stake through this blood suckers heart, but trust me, karma is alive and well in her world.  Ignore the cold heartless comments, and know you've got a lot of friends and supporters here who wish and want the best for you.  Time is the ultimate healer and I assure you there's a great lady and partner waiting for you......just be patient my friend.  Good luck to you MAC and please keep us posted on your progress....... Most of us are always here...... day by day...... Peace to you and God Bless.

Thanks for your kindness. I am in process of driving that wooden stake. It is going to be a long arduous process I can see already but, might be that jail time is awaiting her...down the road so hopefully, she cannot do this to anyone else.

stevewool
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, bigmac said:

, she cannot do this to anyone else.

Do you think it’s just her that is behind all this, could she have been forced to do this by the family or friends at first , then once into it ,it’s become the norm.

• Like 2

bigmac
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, stevewool said:

Do you think it’s just her that is behind all this, could she have been forced to do this by the family or friends at first , then once into it ,it’s become the norm.

I believe the whole family is in on it...especially her papa.

bigmac
Posted
Posted
8 minutes ago, davewe said:

Well now that Bigmac has found out the unfortunate truth and heard all the words of wisdom, the only thing to consider for him is where to go from here. And of course Bigmac, I have to say how sorry I am for you. We all know how it must hurt. Let's consider the directions you might go:

"They are all scammers." I have known several people who have gone from naive love of a Filipina, gotten hurt, and then globalised the problem by stating that everyone is bad. It's not true. There are many good women here; and plenty of bad ones. And like most things in life, most people are somewhere in the middle.

"I'm gonna get revenge." Yep, you could try to do that. Waste more years; waste more money. Potentially make it so that you can never return to the Philippines. You're too old (so am I) to waste your time; move on!

"Old + young doesn't work." Not true. Most of the Fil-Am couples I knew in the US had significant age gaps. Most of the couples I know here in the Philippines have even larger gaps. It still comes down to the woman you choose and it still comes down to using good common sense.

"I'll find another Filipina." Yep, you can definitely do that. I did. Most of us have. The question you have to ask yourself is - what did I learn and what will I do differently? 

In the Philippines it's often a matter of degree. We accept the reality that the kid on the street asking for 5 pesos may or may not be legit; but who cares its 5 pesos. But in a country where almost no one has big money when someone (even a wife) asks for big money, an alarm should go off. You have to question, investigate, and question again. Now I am not just trying to blame the victim. But when someone (even a wife) asks for big money (and $2000/month is big money in the Philippines) assume it's a bad situation.

Long Distance Relationships: I've done it and many of us have. But it's fraught with dangers. Are you looking for a vacation gf or another wife? If the latter, are you going to bring her to the US, retire in the Philippines, or a little bit of both (that's what I did)? In any of the scenarios there are dangers - but a hell of a lot of fun too. Enjoy the ride if you decide to saddle up again - but keep you hand clenched to your wallet. 

All good advice and, I got a chuckle out of it too. Thank you.

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
On 12/14/2018 at 10:39 PM, bigmac said:

Her mother goes with her to treatments and is the one who gave me the heads up when she was first needing a blood Dr. Closest one: Manila. I flew her to St Lukes where she was diagnosed. Philhealth DID PAY FOR two extremely expensive treatments of rituxan for the non hodgkins lymphoma. One in Manila and then two weeks later at the hospital on her island. Thing is, the lymphoma seems pretty much under control. The pernicious anemia is what is taking its toll on her.

I have been there with her 2X and spent a considerable amount of time with her both times before she became ill. I too, am familiar with the potential scams as I have thwarted more than one before I met my wife. 

How did they manage the above if nothing was wrong with her? 

• Like 2
  • Hmm thinking 2

Gary D
Posted
Posted (edited)

Find a good attorney and then sit back and see how a real scammer works. Just walk away and save your sanity.

Edited by Gary D
  • Like 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Lots and lots of great advice from many people who have been used in there search for the special one.

So what have we all learnt from reading about this, always go with you gut until it’s proved wrong or right.

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, bigmac said:

All good advice and, I got a chuckle out of it too. Thank you.

You don't sound too broken up up about this whole thing other than the fact that you got hoodwinked out of a lot of money. Blind love? Or have you been taking the group for a ride?:89:

• Like 3

• Jollygoodfellow changed the title to Very sick wife, no it was a scam
  • Jollygoodfellow locked this topic