Very sick wife, no it was a scam

bigmac
Posted
Posted
29 minutes ago, Snowy79 said:

If your partner has been receiving weekly blood tests they come as a print out.  The first thing I'd be asking for is a photo of her latest test results which using the powers of google you can get a good understanding of what they mean.  My previous partner went to one of the so called best doctors in our area for bloods.  She came back with an expensive bag of vitamins and minerals even though her results were all fine.  

Someone somewhere is making a lot of money as you probably realise by now B12 injections cost no where near $70 each.  A quick bit of research and within seconds I found online sellers charging just over 1.5k peso for 3x 3ml ampules. Each containing levels of B12 multiple times higher than the average daily requirement of 4.2 migro grams.  These were about 1,000 micro grams. 

The photo of the blood tests and receipts for the injections will soon show who is making the money. It's compulsory to get receipts here so don't be put off. 

Good luck. 

Here is what she is getting daily: 20 ml per day 10 ml in morning and 10 ml in afternoon

bigmac
Posted
Posted
Just now, bigmac said:

Here is what she is getting daily: 20 ml per day 10 ml in morning and 10 ml in afternoon

I don't understand what 3x 3ml ampules or micrograms means.....

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, bigmac said:

I don't understand what 3x 3ml ampules or micrograms means.....

On average there are 1,000 grams in a litre so 20ml is about 20g.  The human body needs about 4.2 thousands of a grams per day. One gram is 1,000 micro grams.  Three ml (mili litre) is 3 grams.

You will find the injections your partner is getting is a mixture of other vitamins and not pure B12 that's why the dose looks so high.   https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vitamin_B12

bigmac
Posted
Posted

Can you share the providors and, are they reputable?

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
29 minutes ago, bigmac said:

This is the Philippines and there's no guarantee that medicines bought from chemists are reputable. It's probably just ike the fake cigarettes and alcohol.  You could try a purchase and see what the next blood results show.  Just google B12 ampules for sale in the Philippines. Thousands will show up.  Some you open an account then scan proof of address and a prescription to them and they deliver the medicine.  Others just ask if you are over 18. 

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
37 minutes ago, bigmac said:

2018-12-15_105304.jpg

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, bigmac said:

no one can seem to direct us to the right place for any financial assistance since Philhealth won't pay for it.

Have you followed up Philippines Sweepstakes medical assistance? 

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
On 12/13/2018 at 9:32 AM, bigmac said:

we found she has non-hodgkins lymphoma.

Cannot help you with the cost but a friend who had that found excellent relief using:

Rituxan is an anticlonal antibody that targets only the tumor, not the surrounding tissue or body. It works well only with certain cancers. 

He told me the cost was astronomical in the US but quite reasonable in Philippines.  It will require a few weeks treatment and she should be good for a few years then do the same again.  He lasted for decades using this treatment but it got him eventually.

Better she sees a doctor to ask if she is a good candidate for this treatment.

• Love it 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
On 12/14/2018 at 3:30 AM, bigmac said:

SHE IS TAKING VERY HIGH DOSAGE. NO, I PERSONALLY HAVE NOT VERIFIED THE COSTS. I CAN ONLY TAKE HER WORD FOR IT. Sorry, just realized I was typing in caps.

She is giving the injections to herself. They taught her how to do that. Even at $70 x 7 days= $490.00. Yes, it is extremely expensive.

You need to get over here quick. And bring a friend who is not smitten. It's the only way you will know for sure.

A few months back my gf's sister was taken to a hospital for a urinary tract infection by her mother. They wanted to keep her for 4 days for treatment at P8,000 per night. When my gf found out about it she went there and raised holy hell and got her out. Took her to a simple clinic and her infection was gone.

I really hope you sort this out.

• Love it 1

• Jollygoodfellow changed the title to Very sick wife, no it was a scam
  • Jollygoodfellow locked this topic