Very sick wife, no it was a scam

RubberChicken
Posted
Posted

Whatever works to stop or minimize heartbreak before the damage is done. No? 

Somebody with a cultural, educational, economic and generational disparity gets a credit card and mostly unquestioned financial support and almost immediately knows they do not  physically have to deal with the husband most of the time. And how should this end?

The basis for the comments is not wanting to see anybody get burnt! I do stupid things daily. Still have to try and see possible causes or the problem never gets corrected.

Not saying this is perfect. One of many valid ideas: Find one with an education and a job. Learned this from a foreigner. Went to a business park, had coffee, met someone, eventuallt married. Problems: always! Scamming: 0.

• Like 1

bigmac
Posted
Posted
On 1/16/2019 at 9:30 PM, Peaceful John said:

MAC.......Thanks for sharing part of your life with us, even as painful as it must be for you.  I know personally it will be hard for you to completely move on until you know there's a wooden stake through this blood suckers heart, but trust me, karma is alive and well in her world.  Ignore the cold heartless comments, and know you've got a lot of friends and supporters here who wish and want the best for you.  Time is the ultimate healer and I assure you there's a great lady and partner waiting for you......just be patient my friend.  Good luck to you MAC and please keep us posted on your progress....... Most of us are always here...... day by day...... Peace to you and God Bless.

You're so kind. Thank you...all of you!

bigmac
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, RubberChicken said:

Whatever works to stop or minimize heartbreak before the damage is done. No? 

Somebody with a cultural, educational, economic and generational disparity gets a credit card and mostly unquestioned financial support and almost immediately knows they do not  physically have to deal with the husband most of the time. And how should this end?

The basis for the comments is not wanting to see anybody get burnt! I do stupid things daily. Still have to try and see possible causes or the problem never gets corrected.

Not saying this is perfect. One of many valid ideas: Find one with an education and a job. Learned this from a foreigner. Went to a business park, had coffee, met someone, eventuallt married. Problems: always! Scamming: 0.

NO matter how you TRY to spin this, it all boils down to HONESTY!!! I don't give a rats ass who, or where they are from. Honesty trumps!

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, bigmac said:

NO matter how you TRY to spin this, it all boils down to HONESTY!!! I don't give a rats ass who, or where they are from. Honesty trumps!

What he is trying to say is that there is a better chance of a good woman that wont scam you if she has a job and her own money.  These people are generally better educated and are helping themselves. 

• Like 4

stevewool
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, bigmac said:

It is a shame that she is learning at a young age to cheat and lie. I love her dearly....and I am very concerned as to what will happen to her during all of this. 

Maybe she has no idea about what has been happening over the length of time, all she knows is that who ever she called you was sending goodies over to care for her, but now she maybe confused that the goodies have stopped.

Hopefully none of this will bother the child .

Gary D
Posted
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, bigmac said:

That's your cultural version of HONESTY, she come from a different culture where they have their own version.

Edited by Gary D
spelling
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
19 minutes ago, Gary D said:

That's your cultural version of HONESTY, she come from a different culture where they have their own version.

I know what you mean, but isn't it not so much the meaning of honesty that varies, rather the importance of it?

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Gary D said:

I met a guy who was one of the "big shots" in a certain city years ago. His wife was a teacher at a national high school and he was a self confessed ghost employee. Drove a big bike around town and people admired him, and looked up to him for being able to "get over" on the "man"

Many poorer people here have the same mindset. That might be one of the reasons that a former Dictators family is worming their way back into political power. OK the city was Cavite City. 2003.:unsure:

hk blues
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Arizona Kid said:

I met a guy who was one of the "big shots" in a certain city years ago. His wife was a teacher at a national high school and he was a self confessed ghost employee. Drove a big bike around town and people admired him, and looked up to him for being able to "get over" on the "man"

Many poorer people here have the same mindset. That might be one of the reasons that a former Dictators family is worming their way back into political power. OK the city was Cavite City. 2003.:unsure:

But it's not just here though - I'm sure in your country and 100% certain in mine that many/most people like to see the bad guy get one over on the system as long as it seems to be a victimless crime. 

As for surprising political successes - we don't need to look as far as the Philippines to see some strange choices for the top job!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Jake
Posted
Posted
17 hours ago, RubberChicken said:

Another excellent point.  Thank you sir!  

• Like 2

• Jollygoodfellow changed the title to Very sick wife, no it was a scam
  • Jollygoodfellow locked this topic