Very sick wife, no it was a scam

bigmac
Posted
Posted
21 minutes ago, Old55 said:

If you honestly want to help her I suggest you sell something quickly, fly over and sort out the situation yourself. 

Good luck 👍 

I have two properties, my Harley Davidson, my pick up truck and a few other items up for sale now. Believe me, I want to be there badly!

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

@bigmac

Well Mac For me my friend,  as you tell us she has approval to go to the US, I would get a Quick loan on one of those thing you have for sale and get her to your side and deal with it there, Yes! I know you say she is too weak to Travel but there is assistance on these Flights and it will only be what 48/72 hours max and she is there, Make sense to you?  :wink:

• Like 2

bastonjock
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, bigmac said:

Thanks so much! I could possibly get her to Davao. She would have to have a place to stay there. Is there any possibilities of financial assistance there?

I dont know if they do financial assistance at davao hospital I'll ask gf

bigmac
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

@bigmac

Well Mac For me my friend,  as you tell us she has approval to go to the US, I would get a Quick loan on one of those thing you have for sale and get her to your side and deal with it there, Yes! I know you say she is too weak to Travel but there is assistance on these Flights and it will only be what 48/72 hours max and she is there, Make sense to you?  :wink:

Trying. Desperately trying. I have many things for sale now. I want to go and accompany her here. Thanks for your input..

bigmac
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, bastonjock said:

I dont know if they do financial assistance at davao hospital I'll ask gf

Thanks so much!

Yeochief
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

as you tell us she has approval to go to the US, I would get a Quick loan on one of those thing you have for sale and get her to your side and deal with it there

Bigmac when does your wife visa expire?  I think my wife's expired 90 days after it was issued.

• Like 1

bigmac
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Yeochief said:

Bigmac when does your wife visa expire?  I think my wife's expired 90 days after it was issued.

I have actually held off on getting her visa due to her health. I like the idea you have proposed. I will look into that asap. Thanks for your response!

hk blues
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, bigmac said:

I have actually held off on getting her visa due to her health. I like the idea you have proposed. I will look into that asap. Thanks for your response!

I'd imagine her current health problems may stop her getting a visa?

davewe
Posted
Posted

The OP is a new member and unfortunately does not know the dynamic of the forum. Therefore most of the comments are the standard 3 or 4 answers:

1. The wife to be is a scammer. Now it's possible - it does happen - but it's also quite possible (even likely) that she is not.

2. The doctors and the medical establishment in the Philippines are all incompetent. Not true. Some are of course just as some are the world over. As I recall the wife to be went to St. Luke's which is a pretty good place to start.

3. Someone is ripping them off for the cost of B12 injections. Again it's possible, but the reality is that unlike many things, drugs and vitamins are not cheap in the Philippines. It's also possible that the girl went to the source she was told to go to without research as to whether there were cheaper alternatives. 

My Solutions Based on the Above Three:

1. Have her send to you whatever documentation you can from her chart: diagnosis, blood work, what was prescribed, etc. If the documentation looks legit it probably is - although I've heard stories of sophisticated girls who faked them. Getting these docs will also help the OP in really determining what might be going on medically. 

2. Yes, a 2nd opinion is reasonable, particularly since the diagnosis is relatively rare. Again this requires her to go back to Manila or Cebu but it seems worth it.

3. If the B12 is truly necessary, try to change over to pills and shop for the best prices. That won't solve the financial crisis but might slow it down a bit.

My best to the OP and here's hoping it isn't Hodgkins. 

• Like 2

graham59
Posted
Posted

So your considered response, after rubbishing most of the preceding posts by experienced and well-meaning members, is to repeat the 'pros' and 'cons'... the likely and the unlikely,. In other words, what has already been put forward... while offering nothing new . 

Okay. 

Are you a politician ?

• Love it 1

• Jollygoodfellow changed the title to Very sick wife, no it was a scam
  • Jollygoodfellow locked this topic