Very sick wife, no it was a scam

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
On 12/19/2018 at 5:44 AM, bigmac said:

I have two properties, my Harley Davidson, my pick up truck and a few other items up for sale now. Believe me, I want to be there badly!

If you are willing to sell the Harley..something's not right! I'd choose the Harley over less loved ones any day of the week!:Policeman::boom:

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Arizona Kid said:

If you are willing to sell the Harley..something's not right! I'd choose the Harley over less loved ones any day of the week!:Policeman::boom:

Just saying. :hystery:

FB_IMG_1545229052083.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

graham59
Posted
Posted

priorities.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

bigmac
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, hk blues said:

I'd imagine her current health problems may stop her getting a visa?

I have wondered that. I pray it will not be the case.

bigmac
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Arizona Kid said:

Not me. She is worth more that a whole dealership of Harleys.

• Hmm thinking 1

bigmac
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, davewe said:

The OP is a new member and unfortunately does not know the dynamic of the forum. Therefore most of the comments are the standard 3 or 4 answers:

1. The wife to be is a scammer. Now it's possible - it does happen - but it's also quite possible (even likely) that she is not.

2. The doctors and the medical establishment in the Philippines are all incompetent. Not true. Some are of course just as some are the world over. As I recall the wife to be went to St. Luke's which is a pretty good place to start.

3. Someone is ripping them off for the cost of B12 injections. Again it's possible, but the reality is that unlike many things, drugs and vitamins are not cheap in the Philippines. It's also possible that the girl went to the source she was told to go to without research as to whether there were cheaper alternatives. 

My Solutions Based on the Above Three:

1. Have her send to you whatever documentation you can from her chart: diagnosis, blood work, what was prescribed, etc. If the documentation looks legit it probably is - although I've heard stories of sophisticated girls who faked them. Getting these docs will also help the OP in really determining what might be going on medically. 

2. Yes, a 2nd opinion is reasonable, particularly since the diagnosis is relatively rare. Again this requires her to go back to Manila or Cebu but it seems worth it.

3. If the B12 is truly necessary, try to change over to pills and shop for the best prices. That won't solve the financial crisis but might slow it down a bit.

My best to the OP and here's hoping it isn't Hodgkins. 

Thanks for your input. I pray it isn't Hodgkins as well.

• Like 1

Yeochief
Posted
Posted
On ‎12‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 8:38 AM, bigmac said:

She is approved to come here (USA) but I fear she is unable to make the trip right now due to her weakened state

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if she has been approved to come to the USA, her visa has been approved and her 90 day counter has started.

Yeochief
Posted
Posted

Just looked at my wife's visa, it was issued on 17 September 2018 and expired on 4 December 2018.  That is only 78 days, not sure how they came up with the expired date.  She got her on 26 September 2018 and got Social Security Card and Green Card within two weeks of arrival.

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Yeochief said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if she has been approved to come to the USA, her visa has been approved and her 90 day counter has started.

I am not sure of laws in the US but would she as his wife be entitled to any benefits as I know in Australia you are not for two years from memory. 

bigmac
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Yeochief said:

Not issued as yet.

• Jollygoodfellow changed the title to Very sick wife, no it was a scam
  • Jollygoodfellow locked this topic