Very sick wife, no it was a scam

Yeochief
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, Yeochief said:

She is approved to come here (USA) but I fear she is unable to make the trip right now due to her weakened state

If her visa is not approved, then she is not approved to come to the USA.  I just went through this with my wife.  Submitted our paper work to USCIS on 24 January 2017 and the visa was approved on 17 September 2018.  She was not authorized to travel until the visa was issued.

7 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

I am not sure of laws in the US but would she as his wife be entitled to any benefits as I know in Australia you are not for two years from memory. 

In my case, I'm retired from the United States Navy.  Once I got married I had my wife go to the VA in Manila and get a retired dependent ID card, then she was covered by TRICARE Standard (Insurance).  Now if Bigmac has insurance from his company that he works for, they might cover his wife.  If Bigmac wife was here in the USA then she would have her Social Security Card, then MEDICAID (only in USA) could help with medical bills for a low income family.

• Like 2

Mick
Posted
Posted

So we are 8 days in to this topic, I'm sure within the first 24 hours bigmac should have got copies of all medical diagnostics and costs... And now well on the way to the bottom of it all. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, Mick said:

So we are 8 days in to this topic, I'm sure within the first 24 hours bigmac should have got copies of all medical diagnostics and costs... And now well on the way to the bottom of it all. 

let's drink to that and hope it is sitting well Cheers.jpg :christmas_emoticons_187:

hk blues
Posted
Posted

Visa approved...Visa not approved....Approved but expired...

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
11 minutes ago, hk blues said:

Visa approved...Visa not approved....Approved but expired...

As I said before hk, muddy waters indeed, Gut feeling tells me that  Eyes and more than meets.jpg

Sorry if this sounds negative But.......................:shades:

• Like 3

hk blues
Posted
Posted
11 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

As I said before hk, muddy waters indeed, Gut feeling tells me that  Eyes and more than meets.jpg

Sorry if this sounds negative But.......................:shades:

We must share the same gut Jack! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted

If it walks like a scam, talks like a scam, acts like a scam, smells like a scam..what could it be?

• Like 2

bigmac
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, Yeochief said:

If her visa is not approved, then she is not approved to come to the USA.  I just went through this with my wife.  Submitted our paper work to USCIS on 24 January 2017 and the visa was approved on 17 September 2018.  She was not authorized to travel until the visa was issued.

In my case, I'm retired from the United States Navy.  Once I got married I had my wife go to the VA in Manila and get a retired dependent ID card, then she was covered by TRICARE Standard (Insurance).  Now if Bigmac has insurance from his company that he works for, they might cover his wife.  If Bigmac wife was here in the USA then she would have her Social Security Card, then MEDICAID (only in USA) could help with medical bills for a low income family.

Actually, I just turned 65 and I am now on Medicare. I have no idea if that will cover her.

bigmac
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, hk blues said:

We must share the same gut Jack! 

I pray you're "gut" is wrong. If you're right I have blown 6 years of my life with her.

• Sad 1

• Jollygoodfellow changed the title to Very sick wife, no it was a scam
  • Jollygoodfellow locked this topic