Very sick wife, no it was a scam

bigmac
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, hk blues said:

Me too.

Also, we have to remember that values are different here and we shouldn't judge locals by out standards.  From one persepctive, she might be stealing from you but from another she's taking care of her family as best she can.

In short, don't be too hard on her if the worst case scenario turns out to be the actual situation - just decide for yourself if you can condone it.

IF being the key word here

Understood and thanks!

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Reading this seems to be all pointing to you being scammed, but who are we to say so, it must be so hard for you who has a wife so far away asking for your help, but with limited funds you are struggling to look after yourself plus your wife.

i have been used before I met my wife and it took a time before I realised that I was being used because all I could see was a person who I loved, but thank god the penny dropped.

What I cannot understand is the amount of money your are trying to send each time when if it was myself I would be spending that on a flight to see her face to face to help her while you are there rather being thousands of miles apart, sorry if I do sound not sympathetic for you both, I hope I am wrong in my thoughts about this and I do wish you both a good outcome what ever happens.

• Like 1

bigmac
Posted
Posted

Thanks for your input. I am currently working on trying to get over there and perhaps travel around for a couple of days, "incognito" to see what I can find out. I have also contacted a PI so, we will see in the coming weeks. Thanks again.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Lou49
Posted
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, bigmac said:

Thanks for your input. I am currently working on trying to get over there and perhaps travel around for a couple of days, "incognito" to see what I can find out. I have also contacted a PI so, we will see in the coming weeks. Thanks again.

Hire the PI.  Wait for the report.  You may not have to go back or sell anything.

Edited by Lou49

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, bigmac said:

I hope things work out for you.  It's like a big family here and the contributors genuinely want to help

I wish I lived closer and I'd head down and check things out for you or if she has a Facebook put a link here and we can do some delving for you. You'd be amazed what you can find out by cross referencing her accounts with that of her friends. It's like finding a Unicorn if a Filipino says she doesn't have an account. 

• Like 2
  • Love it 1

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

I hope things work out for you.

Ditto... and Snowy79 is correct. 

A Filipino claiming not to have a Facebook account (or not wanting to friend you on their account) is definitely a red flag and I'd advise caution.

Many Filipinos have more than 1 Facebook account in my experience, for a variety of reasons, some innocuous... others not so much.

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, GeoffH said:

A Filipino claiming not to have a Facebook account (or not wanting to friend you on their account) is definitely a red flag and I'd advise caution.

Apparently, the couple communicate by some means on Line, How I wonder? I don't think there is a Social Media that does not have a way of sending Photos and Documents :89:  Up the garden path seems to come to mind here :whistling:

• Thanks 1
  • Love it 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jack Peterson said:

Apparently, the couple communicate by some means on Line, How I wonder? I don't think there is a Social Media that does not have a way of sending Photos and Documents :89:  Up the garden path seems to come to mind here :whistling:

Interesting - Line is rather obscure in  both the USA and the Philippines - popular in Japan and Korea only.  

May mean nothing, or may mean something but it adds to the general intrigue.

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, GeoffH said:

I dont believe she or anyone claimed that at all. Also I have seen her FB account and there are no friend request button so she does not accept anyone as a friend. 

7 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

I wish I lived closer and I'd head down and check things out for you or if she has a Facebook put a link here and we can do some delving for you.

No, there will be no FB links here. . 

• Hmm thinking 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
19 hours ago, bigmac said:

I appreciate yours and, every one elses input on this.

Just don't sell the Harley. The Harley Gods know who is being naughty or nice!:28:

• Love it 1
  • Haha 1

• Jollygoodfellow changed the title to Very sick wife, no it was a scam
  • Jollygoodfellow locked this topic