Very sick wife, no it was a scam

Gary D
Posted
Posted

Perhaps living with the next one would help as well.

Viking
Posted
Posted
17 hours ago, bigmac said:

A GOOD filipino woman will stick to her culture. LOL.........do you know anything about American women? Divorce here is so common it is unreal.

Many people in the Philippines do not consider it wrong to steal from someone, as long as it is not discovered!!!

In their mind, her mistake was being discovered, not that she was scamming you!

To be honest, I am not totally happy about their Culture and would prefer if they were thinking a Little bit more as we do in Europe/US

Some parts of their culture is good but not all of it, the same could be said of every other cultures as well. We just have to be aware of that and dont believe that it is a perfect paradise with no problems.

Divorces in Philippines have been almost non existent for a reason and thats not because they all have happy marriages. Until recently it was not legal to get a divorce, thats why! On the other hand, look how many people who have separated from their husband/wife? Its many!!!

• Like 3

Viking
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, TimL said:

Once you divorce her in the US, she is free of you in PH as the divorce would be recognized here.

Do Philippines recognize divorces in all other coutries or is it only from the US?

Curious because my gf was married to another foreigner before. They was married in PH but later divorced in Sweden.

I  told her that we cant get married because then they could arrest her for bigamy when we go back to PH :laugh:

This has always been my excuse to not get married :thumbsup:, is it true or false?

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
8 minutes ago, Viking said:

Do Philippines recognize divorces in all other coutries or is it only from the US?

As I understand it, The PI Supreme Court will allow Divorce from any country where divorce is Legal. Now, as the PI are at this time the only  Country in the world that has a NO Divorce law ( apart from the Vatican City)  I am informed, [please see note at bottom] It would I feel, follow that any Foreigner can sue for Divorce in their own Country and have it certified legally here in the Philippines and thus leave Both Parties  free to remarry here. ( I stand to be corrected  on this)

note 

I am reliably informed  that where an islamic Marriage is contracted under the strict Islamic Law here in the Philippines, that they can in fact Divorce ( again, I stand to be corrected on this) :smile:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
16 minutes ago, Viking said:

Curious because my gf was married to another foreigner before. They was married in PH but later divorced in Sweden.

I  told her that we cant get married because then they could arrest her for bigamy when we go back to PH :laugh:

This has always been my excuse to not get married :thumbsup:, is it true or false?

Find another excuse. Money talks here..bullshit walks. Paper trails can disappear with a few dollars.

• Thanks 1

Viking
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

I've heard plenty of people say they want a relationship as they don't want to be lonely in old age. Well there's two guys I know living here, one in his 90s another in the late 80s. Both have female " FRIENDS" visit them once or twice per week. They're never lonely, always met by a smiling female and 100% drama free. I'm in a relationship but can still see what one between me and them is onto a winner. :whistling:

Do the maths. $2,000 dollars per month here can employ 71 female visitors per month in my area if you catch my drift. No dramas, heartache or lying and the freedom to do as you wish every day without getting 100 questions as to what you're doing and where you're going etc. 

Got to go. Got a girlfriends bags to pack. :hystery:

Maybe it was one of those men I saw once when eating at Romulus Place in WB.

A car stopped outside and out came three very Beautiful Young girls and one OLD man with a cane. They helped him to the table and had their dinner.

What surprised me about this event was that ALL of them seemed to have a VERY good time, they were talking, laughing and making jokes to each other and it was actually a good thing to see!

It was so different from how it usually look when there is old guys with Young girls, the guys talk to other foreigners and the girl do fb on her phone ;)

• Like 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

graham59
Posted
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Jack Peterson said:

As I understand it, The PI Supreme Court will allow Divorce from any country where divorce is Legal. Now, as the PI are at this time the only  Country in the world that has a NO Divorce law ( apart from the Vatican City)  I am informed, [please see note at bottom] It would I feel, follow that any Foreigner can sue for Divorce in their own Country and have it certified legally here in the Philippines and thus leave Both Parties  free to remarry here. ( I stand to be corrected  on this)

note 

I am reliably informed  that where an islamic Marriage is contracted under the strict Islamic Law here in the Philippines, that they can in fact Divorce ( again, I stand to be corrected on this) :smile:

The foreigner(after divorcing a Filipina in his home country) is free to re-marry in the Phils, upon production of the normally required docs... ie...final divorce certificate, plus the Affidavit/Affirmation document from his embassy, which replaced the foreigner's 'CENOMAR' (in the case of the UK, anyway)...around 2014.

He does NOT need to register his divorce in the Phils. 

His (ex) partner on the other hand, if still a Filipino Citizen, will be tied into the Philippines laws on (NO) divorce... though that is at the moment  changing, to give their citizens the same rights as you or I, when divorced abroad.

Been there, done that. :thumbsup:

Edited by graham59

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, graham59 said:

He does NOT need to register his divorce in the Phils. 

Graham my Friend, if he intends to remarry in the PI he has too register the Divorce to obtain a new Cenomar, which is constantly being asked for more and more and he will need a new affidavit, I have 2 or 3 now Brit  friends that have had to do this, not going to start any war of words but it has to go through a local hall of justice too and that my friend is reporting/ registering it. 

I tend to think you are meaning the old CNI which we now do on Affidavit I will agree BUT the Cenomar is being asked for more and more now, especially here on Negros :smile:

• Jollygoodfellow changed the title to Very sick wife, no it was a scam
  • Jollygoodfellow locked this topic