Very sick wife, no it was a scam

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, stevewool said:

Many of us have worn your shoes out, and a few of us will buy a few more pairs .

Shoes? Oh yea.. I remember them. I only wear them once a year though when I go to the BI in Manila to renew. All the rest of the time the uniform of the day is shorts and flip flops.:tongue:

• Like 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

I think scams should be compulsory reading for all newbies. The old dogs can sit back and shake their heads but they've probably only ran into amateur scammers. Some girls here are so slick even with a tracker you'd struggle to catch them out. The language barrier doesn't help. 

I've known street wise guys that keep their partners on a short lead being used. Guys married years suddenly finding their loving wife has been loving someone else also. 

All good church going women and pillars of the community. The last you'd expect as they all say. 

The only ones getting out semi ok are the ones living in rented property as they just grab their bags and move on. My mate who I am off to Manila with is a prime example. He's lived here over 20 years, married 15 and his wife even has picked his accent up. He works for an international company one month on one month off. He returned from his last job unannounced and caught her with the caretaker of the property. He took it surprisingly well. Just grabbed his documents, all his money is in a UK bank and his vehicles and motorbikes were in friends garages. Went online and cancelled her cards and moved into new digs. Fortunately he has no kids. She can go from moving being no problem to skint.  

• Like 5

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, Snowy79 said:

I think scams should be compulsory reading for all newbies.

I think I'm impervious to scams because I think everybody is trying to scam me. I'm suspicious of everybody from my my mechanic to the guy who came and put in our new screens for the windows. It's not that I can't afford to lose a few extra bucks, I just don't like the idea that someone thinks they can get over on me.:tiphat:

• Like 5

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

I'm pretty much of that ilk also. The way I figure it is I only give what I can lose but even then the scams still amaze me here. From virgins who once married suddenly remember the child that they left in the province, to the mechanic that services your car swapping your good battery for a bad one. 

• Like 2

bigmac
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Arizona Kid said:

Have you been smoking that Canadian reefer? I've heard it's pretty potent and has a tendency to cloud the thinking process.:e3358:

You're a funny guy!

bigmac
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

:whistling: Seems nothing productive from anywhere, are we now definitely on the  merry go round or do you have any updates @bigmac :89:

I do. I now have video of the hospital staff saying they have no record of her and proof she has been attending college for about a year. Have pic's of her on her new motorcycle as well. Pic's of a very fine well upgraded house with  aircon, satelite (2 TV's) a large new veranda added on as well as a new kitchen. The house was not much more than a chell when I was there. More to come....

• Like 2
  • Sad 4
  • Hmm thinking 1

bigmac
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, stevewool said:

Many of us have worn your shoes out, and a few of us will buy a few more pairs .

LOL....Yep, gotta get a new pair myself.

bigmac
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, stevewool said:

As a open forum you have to be prepared to listen to all advice whether it’s the one that you are wanting to hear plus the ones you don’t like and yes I have listened to them both and it’s hard to read what you don’t want too.

First time I read this I was thinking poor women then with in a few pages it was poor you , in a few weeks on what you have told us look what has happened to you, you have been used big time, but  maybe in time you will look back and think when all this started.

there is always two sides to a story and we have only read what you have said, you are lucky you have your place and you are in another part of the world, it could have been much worse ,again I shall say time to move on .

I understand all of what you say. But, judging me is not the place of anyone but God himself. I hope you can understand that.

stevewool
Posted
Posted
Just now, bigmac said:

I understand all of what you say. But, judging me is not the place of anyone but God himself. I hope you can understand that.

I am not judging you at all, I am here to help and try to understand what you are going through, read some of my old post about my life with the family over in the Phil's, yes it's nothing compared to what you are going through, but money is money if it's going out of my pocket for other things.

You will get through this in time , yes it's cost you lots of money it seems but will you ever see that amount ever again I doubt it ,

• Like 2

bigmac
Posted
Posted
21 minutes ago, stevewool said:

I am not judging you at all, I am here to help and try to understand what you are going through, read some of my old post about my life with the family over in the Phil's, yes it's nothing compared to what you are going through, but money is money if it's going out of my pocket for other things.

You will get through this in time , yes it's cost you lots of money it seems but will you ever see that amount ever again I doubt it ,

Not saying that you're judging me but, there is one particular person here who has. Thanks for your support!

• Jollygoodfellow changed the title to Very sick wife, no it was a scam
  • Jollygoodfellow locked this topic