Very sick wife, no it was a scam

stevewool
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Lou49 said:

She had a choice. She may have been coerced but she had a choice. She lied and scammed. If she was unhappy in the relationship she could have simply opted out instead of lying and scamming the guy.

There is no mention of the wife being unhappy in the relationship, and yes maybe she had a choice ,scam your husband or leave the house, maybe it started of as a few extra pesos then it got to gready we shall never know.

RubberChicken
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, stevewool said:

But what was you thinking or wanting, marriying a lady and in the 2 and a bit years you have been married you have seen each other face to face for 6 weeks,

Left a power vacuum seen as weakness. Very Filipino. Just like it very Filipina that the good ones are priceless. You got to behave in such a way you send signals to the good ones not the bad ones. Boundries. (My opinions.)

• Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, stevewool said:

we shall never know.

:58::whatever: It has become, as I have said before with 50 pages and 490 posts, we really are on a  merry Go round Forum.jpg :wink: Sorry to say But....................... :popcorn:

Edited by Jack Peterson
must get a new spell check LOL
  • Like 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Lou49 said:

She had a choice. She may have been coerced but she had a choice.

Maybe in our countries that would ring true,but here it is very family oriented,sometimes, to the point of total obedience.

• Like 2
  • Hmm thinking 1

RubberChicken
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Lou49 said:

She had a choice. She may have been coerced but she had a choice. She lied and scammed. If she was unhappy in the relationship she could have simply opted out instead of lying and scamming the guy.

They are indoctrinated from birth that they owe the parents, etc. Childs brain wired early and the parents are very well practiced at keeping it going as long as possible and making them feel it is not simple to opt out. Interesting culture. 

• Like 4

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
25 minutes ago, RubberChicken said:

They are indoctrinated from birth that they owe the parents, etc. Childs brain wired early and the parents are very well practiced at keeping it going as long as possible and making them feel it is not simple to opt out. Interesting culture. 

"They" are just like how we were here in the US and other European countries many years ago. No safety net so family children mostly took care of Mom and Dad later in life.

• Like 4

bigmac
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, RubberChicken said:

Left a power vacuum seen as weakness. Very Filipino. Just like it very Filipina that the good ones are priceless. You got to behave in such a way you send signals to the good ones not the bad ones. Boundries. (My opinions.)

3 hours ago, RubberChicken said:

If I cannot trust them, I don't want or need them in my life and, I don't care where they are from.

• Like 3

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, stevewool said:

It is your responsibility to look after your wife through sickness and through health , maybe seeing her more and how fit she was maybe none of this would have happened, you even said you was not keen on her father at the beginning, but still you left her there.

She did not decide to scam you , she had no choice, but if you are believing that, No one can change your mind on that.

Steve. Pull your head in. Not everyone had the so called task of seeing their wife more often. I know because I had the same problem. It's easy when you are both together in the same country but for some including me issues can cause people to be apart. How many OFW are there who are not together? What about the amount of kids that Lola takes care of while a family member is not there? Its happens and usually not by choice . 

• Like 5

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

The next issue is there is a child mixed in the middle of this. I can assume bigmac has feelings for the child so what happens there.

• Like 2

RubberChicken
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Old55 said:

They" are just like how we were here in the US and other European countries many years ago. No

Agree. Further made toxic by the culture here. It sort of adds an extra layer and is more then just a comparison of how other countries were just like the Philippines years ago with safety nets. Desperately poor population, no safety nets, a population that is internally comfortable with scamming, a culture of obligation,  a naive foreigner as a target. (broad generalizations for convo). All of this the genesis of the original post, imo.

• Like 2

• Jollygoodfellow changed the title to Very sick wife, no it was a scam
  • Jollygoodfellow locked this topic