Very sick wife, no it was a scam

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, bigmac said:

She is taking lots of iron by mouth as well as many other vitamins.

You seriously need to get a proper list of what she is taking plus receipts. Not just someone telling you they have them, get screenshots.  Too much iron can cause complications and must be taken in consideration of diet. 

The standard of health care and corruption here is shocking. Some medical professional or other is screwing you over. 

Post the items costs here and I'm sure we can find the standard Filipino price here. It may just be an idiot in charge of giving out the items.  

Over here they will sell individual tablets or in any multiple you wish. My partner wanted multivitamins from our local chemist.  When she asked the price they quoted about 25 peso each.  I told her just to buy a box.  The lady behind the counter worked out there was 200 tablets in a box and multiplied it by 25. She wanted 500 peso for a box that had 220 peso written on the side. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

frozenmystic28
Posted
Posted

Didn't back read the whole post. back if shes in Davao. there is Lingap, where you can ask for financial assistance for medical bills.

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Snowy79 said:

Too much iron can cause complications and must be taken in consideration of diet. 

B12 overdose can also cause many of the symptoms described earlier: vomiting, dizziness, etc. You really need to get hold of those test results and have them scanned or photographed and sent to you so you can figure out what's what. Also realize that US standards for upper and lower limits of blood content are different than the Philippine limits, i.e., you can have high whatever in the Philippines but fall within the OK range in the US.

https://www.healthline.com/health/food-nutrition/vitamin-b12-side-effects#side-effects

• Like 1

bigmac
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, JDDavao said:

B12 overdose can also cause many of the symptoms described earlier: vomiting, dizziness, etc. You really need to get hold of those test results and have them scanned or photographed and sent to you so you can figure out what's what. Also realize that US standards for upper and lower limits of blood content are different than the Philippine limits, i.e., you can have high whatever in the Philippines but fall within the OK range in the US.

https://www.healthline.com/health/food-nutrition/vitamin-b12-side-effects#side-effects

In process of retrieving test results and getting a second opinion now. Thanks so much for your input!

bigmac
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, frozenmystic28 said:

Didn't back read the whole post. back if shes in Davao. there is Lingap, where you can ask for financial assistance for medical bills.

Long way from there. She is on Camiguin.

bigmac
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

You seriously need to get a proper list of what she is taking plus receipts. Not just someone telling you they have them, get screenshots.  Too much iron can cause complications and must be taken in consideration of diet. 

The standard of health care and corruption here is shocking. Some medical professional or other is screwing you over. 

Post the items costs here and I'm sure we can find the standard Filipino price here. It may just be an idiot in charge of giving out the items.  

Over here they will sell individual tablets or in any multiple you wish. My partner wanted multivitamins from our local chemist.  When she asked the price they quoted about 25 peso each.  I told her just to buy a box.  The lady behind the counter worked out there was 200 tablets in a box and multiplied it by 25. She wanted 500 peso for a box that had 220 peso written on the side. 

Working on all that now plus, a second opinion. Thanks so much!

• Like 1

Gary D
Posted
Posted

A second opinion will only confuse you, you need the best out of three. If two of the three can agree then they probably aren't all out to screw you.

bigmac
Posted
Posted
44 minutes ago, Gary D said:

A second opinion will only confuse you, you need the best out of three. If two of the three can agree then they probably aren't all out to screw you.

Trying now to get that. So difficult as she lives so remotely.

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, bigmac said:

Working on all that now plus, a second opinion. Thanks so much!

The important thing is to physically see the receipts.  From my experience if you ask a Filipino for information they only tell you what they think is important. Sometimes minor things to them can actually make a big difference to the diagnosis. 

As has been said some of the symptoms she is having can be caused by the iron or vitamins.  I can bet your partner would tell the doctor the symptoms but forget to mention the things she's taking leading to the doctor prescribing more. 

hk blues
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, Gary D said:

Surely if the 2nd opinion is in line with the 1st then no need for a 3rd - that would only muddy the waters?

• Jollygoodfellow changed the title to Very sick wife, no it was a scam
  • Jollygoodfellow locked this topic