Very sick wife, no it was a scam

fillipino_wannabe
Posted
Posted

Get a picture of all the tests she's had done so far and all the receipts then get her to send you some blood and have it tested in the US, should be less than $100.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Snowy79 said:

the health professionals are screwing you and your wife over

Please, this is a family orientated forum. No screwing permitted. :rolleyes:

• Sad 1

bigmac
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

:89: Can they get any muddier?   :whistling: :wink:

Probably not but, I say that with reserve. Hers and my life are a mess right now. I don't have any  more savings left for her B12 injections next week and I am so sad and worried as to what is going to happen to her.

bigmac
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, fillipino_wannabe said:

Get a picture of all the tests she's had done so far and all the receipts then get her to send you some blood and have it tested in the US, should be less than $100.

That is a great idea. How do you get blood here and who would one see to run the tests on it?

bigmac
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

Bigmac I think you've had all the advice and support that we can provide from the evidence laid in front of us.  Whatever the outcome it would be a bonus if you informed those on the forum of the conclusion so others have a point of reference.

If as you've said her Mother accompanied her and the diagnosis is correct then the health professionals are screwing you and your wife over, as no way should the vitamins, iron etc be dished out the way it appears and certainly not at the prices quoted.

The only other option may hurt but there's no shame in it as plenty of others have been scammed by wives is your Wife and her Mother are in cahoots. It may be pressure from the family but it's not unheard of for younger Filipinos to marry older guys then empty their accounts before moving their real local boyfriend in.

I've been in bars talking to bar girls when their fiances have called and listened to them saying how much they miss them and can they " Borrow" money for credit on their phone. An hour later they're off out the door with a customer.

Put your mind at rest.  If she can't take a photo of the receipts on her phone and send them to you or is delaying I think you'll know the answer.

I hope I'm wrong as I'm sure you feel helpless at the other side of the World but you must get to the bottom of it. Ask for the name of the doctor, hospital and where she gets the items and explain you have got a friend that is willing to get involved as you feel the medical profession are screwing you both over.

There is always that possibility and I am working on getting receipts and prescriptions now. Thanks for your input.

• Like 2

bigmac
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

My point hk, is the story now, has many twists and turns I would be very surprised if the original Diagnosis is really that Valid. Best Start the whole thing over I say:tiphat: get the actuals together and work from there, I would if it was my wife as over the years, Our Ladies I find, are reluctant to tell the Doctor the whole story and in many cases neglect to tell the Doc ALL, I have to prompt her [my wife] when we see the Doctor and I go because I know my wife :smile: 

True. She didn't even want to go in the beginning.

• Hmm thinking 1

bigmac
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, JDDavao said:

As she lives in the hinterlands, finding three qualified doctors may be problematic. 

Heck, I went to a pulmonologist here in Davao. She has a thriving practice and also works in the adjoining hospital. She used only her stethoscope (through my shirt) and with no other tests, diagnosed me and prescribed me an inhaler whose main ingredient is contraindicated by my blood pressure medicine. This is not the U.S. (or UK, Australia, etc.) Doctors here are used to making pronouncements because they're the doctors and therefore more "important" and smarter than the patients. There is very little participation by patients in their own healthcare.  

My point being qualified first opinions are hard to come by, how much more so seconds or thirds?

In my opinion, it's also important that bigmac instruct his wife to not tell the second opinion doctor the name of her primary doctor if possible. They are loathe to contradict a colleague (make an enemy).

The hospital there in Mambajao is quite small and my understand is there is only one Dr there at any given time. She asked for another opinion and there was no one to give it. Probably going to try to send her to either Manila, Cebu, or CDO if I can get the money to do so.

Also, you have a valid point not to mention the second opinion and I also instructed her NOT to tell that she is married to an American.

• Like 1

bastonjock
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, bigmac said:

The hospital there in Mambajao is quite small and my understand is there is only one Dr there at any given time. She asked for another opinion and there was no one to give it. Probably going to try to send her to either Manila, Cebu, or CDO if I can get the money to do so.

Also, you have a valid point not to mention the second opinion and I also instructed her NOT to tell that she is married to an American.

If you by any chance your wife ends up in davao ,I have contacts through my gf  for davao hospital 

Good luck with sorting this out 

• Like 1

bigmac
Posted
Posted
33 minutes ago, bastonjock said:

If you by any chance your wife ends up in davao ,I have contacts through my gf  for davao hospital 

Good luck with sorting this out 

Thanks so much! I could possibly get her to Davao. She would have to have a place to stay there. Is there any possibilities of financial assistance there?

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

4 hours ago, bigmac said:

Thanks so much! I could possibly get her to Davao. She would have to have a place to stay there. Is there any possibilities of financial assistance there?

If you honestly want to help her I suggest you sell something quickly, fly over and sort out the situation yourself. 

Good luck 👍 

• Like 1

• Jollygoodfellow changed the title to Very sick wife, no it was a scam
  • Jollygoodfellow locked this topic