Very sick wife, no it was a scam

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, bigmac said:

Larry is working on this now but, it is looking like it may be a scam....after almost 6 years.

At least you got out when you did. You don't sound completely convinced though. I hope you find a loving Filipina in the future. They are here. My GF and I have been together for over 14 years. Be patient and be careful.:console:

• Like 3

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
22 minutes ago, Arizona Kid said:

At least you got out when you did. You don't sound completely convinced though

The final verdict is not yet out from what the OP has said.

• Like 4

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Exactly!  And try to be kind no matter what happened.  Shit happens in life sometimes.

• Like 3

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

If I was a betting man..I would bet YOUR paycheck that it's bogus.:shades:

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

Exactly!  And try to be kind no matter what happened.  Shit happens in life sometimes.

I agree completely. Some lessons are learned the hard way..and then you move on.

hk blues
Posted
Posted

It's easy for us to see things in black and white as we're detached - who knows what was driving the situation and how much control the woman in question had in what was going on.  Regardless,  it's yet another reminder that not everyone is exactly what they seem - even after 6 years. 

All in all a sad tale if it's what it now seems.

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
52 minutes ago, hk blues said:

who knows what was driving the situation and how much control the woman in question had in what was going on.

Exactly what I was thinking.  IF, and that is still a big IF, there was a scam going on, I would guess that family or others were putting pressure on her to get money from him.  Just an inkling. 

• Like 2

bigmac
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, TimL said:

Oh man, so sorry to hear this. If it turns out that it is, they do have anti-fraud laws here. I would try and get her jammed up on fraud charges. In fact, I would make it my new mission in life. Hahaha

Hopefully you still have all of your emails, texts etc. 

Again, really sorry man. At least you’ll be able to save some money going forward and thankfully you caught it before you liquidated.

Hang in there and good luck Bro. 

Thanks and, I do plan to prosecute her whole family to the fullest extent. Seems it was all a plan from the beginning and her whole family is involved. Almost 6 years of my life wasted not to mention the monetary loss.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Hmm thinking 1

bigmac
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

Sorry to hear that. Hopefully you've found out in time before you cleared yourself out. It's becoming more of a reoccurring theme sadly as the internet reaches more of the population. 

I've had a couple of so called good friends try to screw me over here and at the start before I switched onto the culture I would have fallen for it. 

I live in an area with a reputation for bar girls. It's an eye opener the things I'm seeing and hearing. I play in a pool league and mix with a lot of expats. In six months I've discovered three guys married to bar girls that still do services on the side. One girl who told her long term partner she had no children suddenly get her daughter dropped off by a relative who had had enough of her lies. The same girl was also a bar girl and is pregnant again. Unfortunately for her her partner who is in his 60s had a vasectomy years ago. Another Western friend whose partner gave birth to what he thinks is his kid when it's clearly 100% Filipino, and another friend who went to sell his bar being told by his Filipino business partners who never paid a penny into the company that they own it and not him. He'd employed them for years as workers but silent business partners . On further investigation they'd bought a 2m peso house on 400 peso per day wages, they'd been stealing from him all along. 

I'd say at least 60% of my mates have been screwed for various sums. You can still rise again. Look after number one. Good luck. 

Thanks for your kind words. I have been doing some research and it appears it is and 80%-20% split so far. Unfortunately the 20% being the "good" girls.

• Sad 1

bigmac
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Arizona Kid said:

At least you got out when you did. You don't sound completely convinced though. I hope you find a loving Filipina in the future. They are here. My GF and I have been together for over 14 years. Be patient and be careful.:console:

I am now convinced. Seems the whole family is involved. You're very fortunate. Thanks for all you input.

• Like 1

• Jollygoodfellow changed the title to Very sick wife, no it was a scam
  • Jollygoodfellow locked this topic