Very sick wife, no it was a scam

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
47 minutes ago, bigmac said:

Thanks for your input. What else have I got to do now until I die?

LIVE and have a happy life,it can be done, most of us come from broken relationships before and have found happiness here.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

TimL
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

I have read somewhere that in some circumstances a foreigner has won. 

Yes, I read the same. When there was blatant evidence, it was in fact pursued. Not long ago in Lapu-lapu, a Filipina scammed a foreigner for a house. 

If forget the particulars but, he did in fact prevail. It certainly seems plausible that someone faking lymphoma in order to steal money from a foreigner is about as bad as it gets and shouldn’t be hard at all to prove. However, on another note, they are married and the what’s mine is yours theory may come into play, who knows. In the Lapu-Lapu case it was a promise of marriage and they were building the marital home and I think that she was already married to someone else.

• Hmm thinking 1

TimL
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, bigmac said:

I'm sure there are some wonderful people there. I met some really good folks while there. It's not about revenge. It's about not allowing this to happen to anyone else by her.

Exactly. 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

I'm on the side of revenge I'm afraid. As Bigmac has said it can be about stopping it happening to others. Even just getting the ball rolling the jungle drums will start about a foreigner prosecuting and people will talk. The more people thinking we can and will prosecute the better. 

I could imagine the stress thinking your wife could die and you're helpless to stop it. I can't imagine a more evil stunt to carry out. Let her and her family sweat over going to jail and the public shame. 

• Like 3

hk blues
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Snowy79 said:

I'm on the side of revenge I'm afraid. As Bigmac has said it can be about stopping it happening to others. Even just getting the ball rolling the jungle drums will start about a foreigner prosecuting and people will talk. The more people thinking we can and will prosecute the better. 

I could imagine the stress thinking your wife could die and you're helpless to stop it. I can't imagine a more evil stunt to carry out. Let her and her family sweat over going to jail and the public shame. 

Whilst I don't disagree revenge is sweet and can act as a deterrent, who is going to pay for the undoubtedly long drawn-out legal battle and also remember there will almost certainly be no money to pay any compensation if/when he wins.  That's not taking into the cost of stress etc etc

I'd follows the old saying - Don't throw good money at bad money!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, sonjack2847 said:

I know of 1 expat who won, it took him 12 years and the judge wanted him to pay the guilty persons fees.

Are you talking about criminal charges or a civil matter? 

Mick
Posted
Posted

Agree with the revenge, but sometimes them just thinking you are going to take legal action is enough, and ensure everyone knows, wagging tongues will do the rest

• Like 2

hk blues
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Mick said:

Agree with the revenge, but sometimes them just thinking you are going to take legal action is enough, and ensure everyone knows, wagging tongues will do the rest

...a social media expose may be another option BUT I'd tread carefully for a multitude of reasons

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
32 minutes ago, hk blues said:

Whilst I don't disagree revenge is sweet and can act as a deterrent, who is going to pay for the undoubtedly long drawn-out legal battle and also remember there will almost certainly be no money to pay any compensation if/when he wins.  That's not taking into the cost of stress etc etc

I'd follows the old saying - Don't throw good money at bad money!

You don't have to take it all the way. The thought of it hanging over them could be enough and has been said word could spread. It could take over one year to even see the court. One year of them sweating then just drop it. Who knows they may try to pay back some of the money and as Bigmac is in the good old USA they can't touch him. 

• Like 1

graham59
Posted
Posted

One thing you don't want to do, is start stomping around over there threatening this and that.

You may meet your maker before the heart attack.   :unsure:

• Like 1
  • Love it 1

• Jollygoodfellow changed the title to Very sick wife, no it was a scam
  • Jollygoodfellow locked this topic