Very sick wife, no it was a scam

graham59
Posted
Posted (edited)

No. 

I remarried in the Phils in September 2015 (My previous marriage was also in the Phils). 

I needed ...as stated, the Affirmation from the British Embassy in Manila, plus my UK divorce certificate to show to the provincial Registrar.

The embassy also gives you a covering letter to show to the less 'up to date' Filipino Registrars.

You can find all of this info on the British Embassy (Manila) website.

There is no requirement to either register a foreign divorce with the Phils authorities, or (under the new rules) to produce a CENOMAR.

Your  Filipino prospective bride needs to show a CENOMAR still, yes.

Of course some ignorant provincial officials may seek to make up their own rules as they go along.  It IS the Philippines after all.  :rolleyes:

I experienced no difficulties whatsoever. ..and that was 3 YEARS AGO.

Edited by graham59

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
14 minutes ago, graham59 said:

I experienced no difficulties whatsoever.

what can I sayWho knows (dave (1).jpg  Good you chose not to remarry in Dumaguete then EH?

• Haha 2

graham59
Posted
Posted

(Always consult the relevant websites for up to date information/requirements.  :wink: )

bigmac
Posted
Posted
16 hours ago, stevewool said:

If it was me at your age and what you have gone through I would be licking my wounds now and thinking what a fool I have been, so much money over such a short time and for what, maybe if I had used one weeks payment for a flight to go and see the wife this could have been sorted out sooner.

where is the child in the picture in all this, is the child yours , if it’s not yours then walk away and stay where you are in the USA and enjoy ridding your bike,  life can be shit sometimes, like I said if it was me that’s what I would be doing.

Thanks for your input.

Snowy79
Posted
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Viking said:

Maybe it was one of those men I saw once when eating at Romulus Place in WB.

A car stopped outside and out came three very Beautiful Young girls and one OLD man with a cane. They helped him to the table and had their dinner.

What surprised me about this event was that ALL of them seemed to have a VERY good time, they were talking, laughing and making jokes to each other and it was actually a good thing to see!

It was so different from how it usually look when there is old guys with Young girls, the guys talk to other foreigners and the girl do fb on her phone ;)

Sounds like one of them. I've had my eyes opened since here. I'm a good guy now but some of the girls I know used to regularly contact me and ask to go out for a meal with them. I knew this meant I'm buying but I had a good laugh and they were always trying to set me up with their friends. A few nights they'd stop over, no money would be exchanged and she'd cook breakfast, tidy the apartment and head off to work. What some need to realise is for some girls here it's all about survival by any means. Even bar girls have a heart, just don't trust them. :thumbsup:

Edited by Snowy79
  • Like 4

bigmac
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, graham59 said:

No. 

I remarried in the Phils in September 2015 (My previous marriage was also in the Phils). 

I needed ...as stated, the Affirmation from the British Embassy in Manila, plus my UK divorce certificate to show to the provincial Registrar.

The embassy also gives you a covering letter to show to the less 'up to date' Filipino Registrars.

You can find all of this info on the British Embassy (Manila) website.

There is no requirement to either register a foreign divorce with the Phils authorities, or (under the new rules) to produce a CENOMAR.

Your  Filipino prospective bride needs to show a CENOMAR still, yes.

Of course some ignorant provincial officials may seek to make up their own rules as they go along.  It IS the Philippines after all.  :rolleyes:

I experienced no difficulties whatsoever. ..and that was 3 YEARS AGO.

Thanks for the info.

bigmac
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Snowy79 said:

Sounds like one of them. I've had my eyes opened since here. I'm a good guy now but some of the girls I know used to regularly contact me and ask to go out for a meal with them. I knew this meant I'm buying but I had a good laugh and they were always trying to set me up with their ffiends. A few nights they'd stop over, no money would be exchanged and she'd cook breakfast, tidy the apartment and head off to work. What some need to realise is for some girls here it's all about survival by ant means. Even bar girls have a heart, just don't trust them. :thumbsup:

Thanks...

bigmac
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, sonjack2847 said:

If it was not her I appologise but a very similar story was on FB not long ago.

No prob

bigmac
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, TimL said:

That isn’t what I meant. I was referring to whether courts here would consider any money given as marital property. 

I’m curious if you don’t mind my asking, how long were you two married before the Hogekins stuff started?

Not long......

• Like 1

bigmac
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, Mike J said:

The majority of cases like this that we read about the age difference between the two parties is somewhat large.  The chances of you finding an honest Filipina who would give you the relationship you are looking for would likely increase if you raised that minimum age a bit.  Just my opinion of course and my apologies if I have offended you in any way.

NO offense taken.

• Jollygoodfellow changed the title to Very sick wife, no it was a scam
  • Jollygoodfellow locked this topic