Very sick wife, no it was a scam

earthdome
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, bigmac said:

I'm getting different advice from different people. Some say follow the chain of command starting with the Brgy Catain and then others say.

The Brgy Captain is the best place to start for small local disputes. In the best case they act like an impartial arbitrator In the worst case they are related to your wife's family.This case is well beyond what a Brgy Captain should be involved with. I agree that it is best to keep your distance and use the Computer Crime Division of the NBI.

Lou49
Posted
Posted

Keep in mind that any noise you make in this matter could get you banned and prevented from re entering the country.

• Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, bigmac said:

My understanding of the Phil's culture is that they are family oriented and faithful spouses. Maybe that has been proven to be wrong.

From my observations here but mostly in Hong Kong which has a significant population of Filipinas, your understanding is half-right! I'll let you decide which half 

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

There are still today a large number of honest family oriented and faithful Filipino men and ladies. Yes there are also exceptions. Just a little commons sense and due diligence will sort things out nicely.  

• Like 4

fillipino_wannabe
Posted
Posted

Just how life is in 3rd world countries lol, a well connected local earning just $1k per month in the province can cause you more trouble than someone earning $2 million per month in the US.
Had my wifes uncle here last week and he had an argument with his sisters husband at a family party, seemed like everything had calmed down but then a few hours later at our house he's pissed up on his Tanduay going crazy saying 'just 2k pesos and he's gone', I was just sat giggling saying 'Nah Kuya we don't want any of that here'. You get used to it after a while haha.

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Old55 said:

There are still today a large number of honest family oriented and faithful Filipino men and ladies. Yes there are also exceptions. Just a little commons sense and due diligence will sort things out nicely.  

Common sense is not so common.

Mark Twain. 

• Haha 1

Viking
Posted
Posted
18 hours ago, bigmac said:

My understanding of the Phil's culture is that they are family oriented and faithful spouses. Maybe that has been proven to be wrong.

Yes, they are very family oriented, but that usually mean family by blood ;)

They can "protect" you from others, but that is most of the time because THEY want to keep you as their golden cow, that they can milk until you get dry.

When you get dry, you are useless to them. The trick is to make them belive that they will benefit if they keep you happy :thumbsup:

About fathful spouses, to me it seems to be 50-50, many are faithful but very many ?????? around ALOT.

I have heard a number of men bragging about how many children they have, and not only with their spouses ;) Children they take no responsibilty for at all.

Maybe all this talk sound negative but I want to say that I still love Philippines and its people

The positve sides outweigh the negative sides by far, to me.

• Like 1

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted
On 1/11/2019 at 3:36 PM, canadamale said:

if he is  married to the woman and sending her say 800 dollars US a month, cannot she say that is her support money. Is there not also a child involved. As for lying about the health issues  would she not only say that is the only way I can get the cheap old basturd to support us. If he does not want to support her stop sending money, but in the end she is still his wife and leagally intiitled to his support.

It depends wholly upon what Sam Spade uncovered. 

I don't know who the private dick is (although some here do) but I would caution bigmac against allowing himself to fall out of the frying pan and into the fire by shelling out fistfuls of cash for an interminable amount of time to any shamus who claims they're "gathering evidence". Working a grief grift is not unheard of here.

• Like 1

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted
On 1/12/2019 at 5:03 PM, Arizona Kid said:

Come and get my sister in law out of my house. She turned 20 in Jan. Had a job but didn't like it so she quit. She has said that she wants a rich foreigner to take care of her. She's not a party girl and stays home ALL the time laying on the couch playing with her cell phone. Washes the dishes once in a while but that's about it. Pretty also..and skinny. :mellow:

Damn. I'll take her! [If any of you tell my wife I just said that, I'll blacken your eye!]  :hystery:

• Haha 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, fillipino_wannabe said:

Just how life is in 3rd world countries lol, a well connected local earning just $1k per month in the province can cause you more trouble than someone earning $2 million per month in the US.
Had my wifes uncle here last week and he had an argument with his sisters husband at a family party, seemed like everything had calmed down but then a few hours later at our house he's pissed up on his Tanduay going crazy saying 'just 2k pesos and he's gone', I was just sat giggling saying 'Nah Kuya we don't want any of that here'. You get used to it after a while haha.

We had a very good friend who was supposed to be acting in our interests steal $5K from us. Nothing was geting through to her: a lawyer, the jungle drum grapevine of batchmates, etc. This happened while our house was being built (local workmen all around).

Frustrated from talking to my wife about the problem, I stormed out on the front porch and said, loudly, "Why can't we just pay someone to break her knees?!"

I'm not sure if that mattered, but a week later we had the full $5K delivered to us. It was in pesos and there was a crapload of P20 and P50 notes as if she borrowed something from everyone she knew, but it all came back.

Was it my threat within earshot of the locals? I dunno. 

• Like 1

• Jollygoodfellow changed the title to Very sick wife, no it was a scam
  • Jollygoodfellow locked this topic