Miss Universe????

graham59
Posted
Posted

She also managed to attend college in the States, didn't she ?

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, graham59 said:

She also managed to attend college in the States, didn't she ?

She doesn't look like a Filipina. She looks like the models that the big chain malls and the big housing developers use in their newspaper ads to entice people to shop and buy. 

Look at the Toy Kingdom ads. Most of the kids there look white.

• Like 2

graham59
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Arizona Kid said:

She doesn't look like a Filipina. She looks like the models that the big chain malls and the big housing developers use in their newspaper ads to entice people to shop and buy. 

Look at the Toy Kingdom ads. Most of the kids there look white.

Indeed, a phenomenon well-known to us expats... as well as the disdain they have for their own tanned provincial types .

Nothing we're going to change there. Cultural. 

Of course change is afoot, as the (white-skinned) Koreans now occupy the fantasies of a younger generation of Filipinos. 

We're mere has-beens.  

• Like 1

BrettGC
Posted
Posted

She was actually born and raised in Cairns, where I live right now.  Went to Berklee music college in Boston.  Why does someone who professes little interest in such things know this?  Well the Short Angry One is back in Cairns with me and Miss Gray's win resounded loudly amongst the significant local Filipina population.  And I mean loudly lol.  :chickendance:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
21 hours ago, graham59 said:

Indeed, a phenomenon well-known to us expats... as well as the disdain they have for their own tanned provincial types .

Nothing we're going to change there. Cultural. 

Of course change is afoot, as the (white-skinned) Koreans now occupy the fantasies of a younger generation of Filipinos. 

We're mere has-beens.  

Kinda ironic. Whites want to look tanned, and the already tanned want to look white. It's funny to watch my gf and her sister applying a bunch of the whitening stuff that won't work but the TV and radio stations say it will. They are used to me making fun of them and just ignore me now. 

• Like 2

bastonjock
Posted
Posted

Its the scottish blood that won it ,just goes to show that not only do e have the most beautiful country in the world ,we also produce the prettiest gals :whistling:

• Like 2

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
10 minutes ago, bastonjock said:

Its the scottish blood that won it ,just goes to show that not only do e have the most beautiful country in the world ,we also produce the prettiest gals :whistling:

After you wake up you will find that Filipinas are the most beautiful.:tongue:

• Like 1
  • Love it 1

graham59
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Arizona Kid said:

Kinda ironic. Whites want to look tanned, and the already tanned want to look white. It's funny to watch my gf and her sister applying a bunch of the whitening stuff that won't work but the TV and radio stations say it will. They are used to me making fun of them and just ignore me now. 

At least I've now discovered what happens to those who've over-indulged in those whitening products.

I witnessed the ghastly truth only last week.  :shock_40_anim_gif:

IMG_20181208_130836.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Gary D
Posted
Posted

So she is 50% scottish and lived and raise in Aus, did she just occassionally holiday in the Philippines

• Like 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

So, if she had done something notorious while visiting Philippines would she be called out as a Filipino or a Foreigner?:shades:

Funny how that works. :89:

• Like 2
  • Hmm thinking 1